Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Tim

Default GRAHAM CRACKER THINGS

GRAHAM CRACKER THINGS

Nancy Inman

graham crackers

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup margarine

1/2 cup sugar

sliced almonds

Fill a jelly roll pan with graham crackers, broken into fourths.

(This the trickiest thing about this. I have a horrible time breaking

the whole into fourths without breaking them unevenly, but they still

eat! I have found it helps to put then face down on a towel or place

mat - padding- and gently lift up with one finger at the perforations.)

Melt 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of margarine slowly. Add 1/2 cup

sugar and bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over

graham crackers and top with sliced almonds.

(Don't worry if you don't get complete coverage, the oven time will

even it out.)

Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.

(Don't let them brown. I have a convection oven and did 7 min.)

Remove immediately from the cookie sheet onto a large piece of foil to

cool and harden.

(Move quickly, lifting them off with a narrow -3-spatula. You will

need a tool in the other hand to push them off of the spatula. I took 3

at a time and then spaced them out on foil larger than the pan. You

have to have the extra room to get them off of the spatula.)