Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Duckie ®

Default Ceviche Acapulco

Ceviche Acapulco

Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:

3/4 pound white fish fillets, cut in 1 x 1/2 inch pieces
8 ounces small peeled and deveined shrimp
8 ounces bay scallops
juice of 6 limes

Marinade:

3/4 white onion, finely chopped
4 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
3/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
3/4 cup V-8 juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper strips, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons oregano, dried and crushed
salt to taste

Garnish:

cilantro, chopped
avocado, diced

Preparation:

Place seafood in glass bowl. Cover with lime juice. Marinate 1 hour.
Drain. Return seafood to bowl.

Mix onion, serrano peppers, tomatoes, olives, parsley and cilantro.
Stir in V-8 juice, oil, jalapeños, Worcestershire, oregano and salt.
Pour sauce over fish, mix gently and marinate for 1/2 hour in
refrigerator.

Fill serving cups with ceviche, garnishing with cilantro and diced
avocado.

Note: Ceviche, or Seviche, comes originally from Polynesia and has
undergone changes that make it a Mexican dish. Mexicans prefer to use
fat fish as mackerel or pompano for ceviche. Limes are preferred,
although lemons may be used, since both contain the citric acid that
"cooks" the fish.

Andrew Layton

Is this Ducky's private indulgence or is here a point in reading this site ?

Fritz

Duckie ® wrote:
> Ceviche Acapulco
>
> Makes 6 servings
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 3/4 pound white fish fillets, cut in 1 x 1/2 inch pieces
> 8 ounces small peeled and deveined shrimp
> 8 ounces bay scallops
> juice of 6 limes
>
> Marinade:
>
> 3/4 white onion, finely chopped
> 4 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
> 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
> 3/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives, finely chopped
> 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
> 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
> 3/4 cup V-8 juice
> 2 tablespoons olive oil
> 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper strips, finely chopped
> 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
> 2 tablespoons oregano, dried and crushed
> salt to taste
>
> Garnish:
>
> cilantro, chopped
> avocado, diced
>
> Preparation:
>
> Place seafood in glass bowl. Cover with lime juice. Marinate 1 hour.
> Drain. Return seafood to bowl.
>
> Mix onion, serrano peppers, tomatoes, olives, parsley and cilantro.
> Stir in V-8 juice, oil, jalapeños, Worcestershire, oregano and salt.
> Pour sauce over fish, mix gently and marinate for 1/2 hour in
> refrigerator.
>
> Fill serving cups with ceviche, garnishing with cilantro and diced
> avocado.
>
> Note: Ceviche, or Seviche, comes originally from Polynesia and has
> undergone changes that make it a Mexican dish. Mexicans prefer to use
> fat fish as mackerel or pompano for ceviche. Limes are preferred,
> although lemons may be used, since both contain the citric acid that
> "cooks" the fish.

Duckie ®

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:14:14 -0400, Andrew Layton
> wrote:

>From: Andrew Layton >
>Newsgroups: alt.fan.traci-poole,alt.recipes,alt.food.recipes,alt.cooking-chien
>Subject: Ceviche Acapulco
>Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:14:14 -0400
>
>Is this Ducky's private indulgence or is here a point in reading this site ?
>
>Fritz

And do tell us ( yeah the lurkers too) why you posted this? Was it:

A) to make a point?
B) to pretend to flame?
C) to start crap instead of posting a recipe, tip, or hint?

Graphic Queen

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:14:14 -0400, Andrew Layton
> wrote:

>Is this Ducky's private indulgence or is here a point in reading this site ?

There are a lot of us that read this site. If you don't like it then
leave and don't let the door hit you in your ass.

GQ

>Fritz
>
>Duckie ® wrote:
>> Ceviche Acapulco
>>
>> Makes 6 servings
>>
>> Ingredients:
>>
>> 3/4 pound white fish fillets, cut in 1 x 1/2 inch pieces
>> 8 ounces small peeled and deveined shrimp
>> 8 ounces bay scallops
>> juice of 6 limes
>>
>> Marinade:
>>
>> 3/4 white onion, finely chopped
>> 4 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
>> 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
>> 3/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives, finely chopped
>> 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
>> 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
>> 3/4 cup V-8 juice
>> 2 tablespoons olive oil
>> 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper strips, finely chopped
>> 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
>> 2 tablespoons oregano, dried and crushed
>> salt to taste
>>
>> Garnish:
>>
>> cilantro, chopped
>> avocado, diced
>>
>> Preparation:
>>
>> Place seafood in glass bowl. Cover with lime juice. Marinate 1 hour.
>> Drain. Return seafood to bowl.
>>
>> Mix onion, serrano peppers, tomatoes, olives, parsley and cilantro.
>> Stir in V-8 juice, oil, jalapeños, Worcestershire, oregano and salt.
>> Pour sauce over fish, mix gently and marinate for 1/2 hour in
>> refrigerator.
>>
>> Fill serving cups with ceviche, garnishing with cilantro and diced
>> avocado.
>>
>> Note: Ceviche, or Seviche, comes originally from Polynesia and has
>> undergone changes that make it a Mexican dish. Mexicans prefer to use
>> fat fish as mackerel or pompano for ceviche. Limes are preferred,
>> although lemons may be used, since both contain the citric acid that
>> "cooks" the fish.

justme

Andrew Layton wrote:

> Is this Ducky's private indulgence or is here a point in reading this site ?

I appreciate Ducky's efforts and all the recipes. In fact I make it a
point to try out most of her recipes at one time or another.

It takes a fair amount of work to do what she does, and I salute her
for it.

And one other thing - if you're not interested, then by all means
leave and start your own group. Bye bye.

TCM

You go, Duckie. Your recipes are very appreciated here.

Duckie ® wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:14:14 -0400, Andrew Layton
> > wrote:

>>From: Andrew Layton >
>>Newsgroups: alt.fan.traci-poole,alt.recipes,alt.food.recipes,alt.cooking-chien
>>Subject: Ceviche Acapulco
>>Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:14:14 -0400
>>
>>Is this Ducky's private indulgence or is here a point in reading this site ?
>>
>>Fritz

> And do tell us ( yeah the lurkers too) why you posted this? Was it:
>
> A) to make a point?
> B) to pretend to flame?
> C) to start crap instead of posting a recipe, tip, or hint?

Duckie ®

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:23:34 -0700, TCM > wrote:

>You go, Duckie. Your recipes are very appreciated here.

No worries One of those drive by fruiters again

Duckie ®

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:10:41 GMT, Graphic Queen >
wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:14:14 -0400, Andrew Layton
> wrote:
>
>>Is this Ducky's private indulgence or is here a point in reading this site ?

>There are a lot of us that read this site. If you don't like it then
>leave and don't let the door hit you in your ass.
>
>GQ

ROTF!!!!
Duckie ®

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:30:11 -0400, justme >
wrote:

>Andrew Layton wrote:
>>
>> Is this Ducky's private indulgence or is here a point in reading this site ?

>I appreciate Ducky's efforts and all the recipes. In fact I make it a
>point to try out most of her recipes at one time or another.
>
>It takes a fair amount of work to do what she does, and I salute her
>for it.
>
>And one other thing - if you're not interested, then by all means
>leave and start your own group. Bye bye.

I feel the exact same way as you do. I find it utterly amazing people
will pop in the recipe newsgroups and begin a rant instead of posting
a recipe. For the time and energy they ranted, they couldve posted a
recipe instead.
theren

justme > wrote in
:

> Andrew Layton wrote:
>>
>> Is this Ducky's private indulgence or is here a point in reading this
>> site ?

> I appreciate Ducky's efforts and all the recipes. In fact I make it a
> point to try out most of her recipes at one time or another.
>
> It takes a fair amount of work to do what she does, and I salute her
> for it.
>
> And one other thing - if you're not interested, then by all means
> leave and start your own group. Bye bye.

Applause I couldn't agree more

Acapulco Baked Eggs Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 04-04-2006 11:26 PM
ACAPULCO CORN CHOWDER Duckie ® Recipes 0 03-07-2005 05:03 PM
Acapulco's Crab and Avocado Enchiladas with Cilantro Cream Old Magic1 Mexican Cooking 0 21-02-2005 03:30 PM
Acapulco Margarita Grouper Old Magic1 Recipes (moderated) 0 21-02-2005 06:14 AM
Acapulco Margarita Grouper Old Magic1 Mexican Cooking 0 15-02-2005 07:18 PM