Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default Stir Fry

Recipe: Stir Fry

https://i.imgur.com/nlwpN4P.jpeg

A delicious meal is full of whole food nutrition. For the highest nutritional value, don't overcook the vegetables!

What you'll need:

Meat (or not)...
Your choice of lean beef, chicken, pork, tofu, or just vegetables.

Olive Oil

Lots of your favorite vegetables...
fresh garlic, bell peppers of different colors, onions, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, etc.

Savory Sauce...
We like to use a blend of spicy barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, and Worcestershire, as well as a cube of, in this case, beef bullion... use chicken or vegetable bullion as appropriate.

Rice...
Basmati, wild rice, brown or white rice.

This time we chose "Eye of the Round Steak", typically very lean meat.

These are for the sauce:

First, trim any excess fat from the meat.

Then, in the case of beef, slice it into 1/8 inch slices, diagonally across the grain.

Here you can see the vegetables that we're going to use.

Put your meat into a pan with a little bit of olive oil.

Always start your stirfry with the vegetables that will take the longest to cook. Chop them so that they are good-sized chunks. You can see that we've put in the baby carrots first.

Then we add the onions and garlic... Usually, I'll put the freshly cut garlic in the oil while the pan is heating so that it has an opportunity to release its flavors directly into the oil.

When chopping your celery, do so at an angle, and remember not to slice it too thin... you want to have decent-sized chunks that can be bitten into.

To clean your bell peppers, cut them in half, pull out the seed cluster, and rinse them off... always rinse your vegetables before cooking them to remove any pesticide residue that might still be there.

Remember, nice large chunks.

Put everything in the pan together, and keep it good and hot... you want to FRY the ingredients, not to boil them.

Put the tomatoes in last, since they'll cook the quickest.

Now, add about 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce, along with the bullion...

Then about 1-1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce...

and about 3 tablespoons of teriyaki

Then mix it all up again, and let it get hot.

Since this dinner doesn't take very long, start your rice before you add the vegetables to the meat in the stirfry so that it will be ready when the stirfry is done... you don't want your veggies to cook too long, and end up mushy...stirfry veggies should be a bit crunchy.

Once everything is hot, serve it up on a bed of rice, and enjoy! Note: Here we are using white rice, however brown rice is much healthier.

Source: https://www.doctortrick.com/search?q=food

Stir fry... t8769 Vegetarian cooking 2 02-12-2006 11:41 PM
Whether to Stir or not Mark L. Breen Coffee 28 30-10-2003 05:10 AM