Steak with Mushroom And Red Wine Sauce
Title: Steak with Mushroom And Red Wine Sauce
Categories: Sainsbury4, Sainsbury's
Yield: 2 servings
2 150 g; (5 oz) Traditional
; Sirloin or Fillet
Salt and freshly ground
2 tb Olive oil
1 Shallot or small onion;
1 Clove garlic; crushed
2 tb Freshly chopped thyme or
75 g Button mushrooms; sliced
150 ml Beef stock; (1/4 pint)
150 ml Red wine; (1/4 pint)
1 ts Cornflour; up to 2
Parsley or thyme sprigs to
1. Season the steaks and place under a preheated hot grill for 3-4
each side (according to taste).
2. Heat the oil in a small pan and gently fry the shallot or onion,
and thyme or parsley and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the stock and wine, bring to the boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4. Blend the cornflour with a little water and stir into the sauce. Cook
for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring continually. Add seasoning to taste.
5. Arrange the steaks on a warm dish and spoon over the sauce.
parsley or thyme. Serve immediately with a green salad or vegetables.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:33 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.