Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

terrymcintire

Default *Correction* My Mom's Goulash in the Microwave

I appologize folks. I have corrected the measurements. I hope you
haven't made the dish yet. It really is delicious on a chilly day.

* Exported from BigOven *

Mom's Goulash in the Microwave

Recipe By :
Serving Size :0
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Winter Microwave

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1 lb ground beef
1 cup diced onions
1 cup sliced celery
3 tsp minced garlic from jar
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
3 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp caraway seed
4 shakes of cayenne --(or to taste)
8 oz --(1 package) elbow macaroni

1. In a 2-4 quart casserole, combine ground beef, onion, celery and
garlic. Microwave on High for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer
pink, stirring once. Drain.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, except macaroni. Stir to blend
ingredients. Cover. Microwave on power level 8 for 14 to 16 minutes
(stirring once), until celery is tender and the flavors have blended.
3. Stir in macaroni (already cooked and drained). Re-cover. Microwave on
power level 8 for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.

There were no microwaves when my Mom made this, so she did it on the
stove top. She never gave us the recipe and I have discovered it through
trial and error. You never forget the taste! I started with a recipe in
a J.C. Penney microwave cookbook and have adjusted the ingredients over
time. If anyone is home when you are cooking, you will have company in
the kitchen! Serve with Caesar Salad, oven baked, garlic butter French
bread and red wine. Microwave temperatures vary, so keep checking to see
if these power levels work for you.

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **