Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Location: Minnesota
Thumbs up Drunken Cheese in a Bowl (Beer Cheese Soup) - DinkingAround.org

1T Butter + Lil for rubbing crockpot
4 Chicken Broth Cubes
4 cups Water
1 can Beer (We used Lite Miller… Pilsner)
1 can Cream of CELERY (On accident I got FAT FREE, was great!)
2 Celery Stalks, sliced
3/4c Mushroom, sliced
2 smaller Potatoes, diced
1 Large Carrot, grated
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
10 oz. cubed VELVEETA Cheese
1/4c Grated Parmesan & Romano Blend (Stuff on store shelf) **See notes
.5 lb Turkey Smoked Sausage Link, sliced
1T Worcestershire
1 tsp Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
1/4 tsp Course Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Paprika
A smidge less than 1/8 tsp Cayenne
1/4c Heavy Creamer (Add later)

...SEE MORE RECIPES AT WWW.DINKINGAROUND.ORG

Rub Crock with butter. Add all, EXCEPT heavy creamer. Cook on LOW or WARM for 4-6 hours. Stirring frequently. About 30 minutes before serving, add Heavy Creamer. Serve ALONE or with sliced Jalapenos, or crumbled bacon, or popcorn.
Attached Thumbnails
Drunken Cheese in a Bowl (Beer Cheese Soup) - DinkingAround.org-beercheesesoup1.jpg

Last edited by DinkingAround : 19-03-2014 at 11:13 PM
Member

Yum sounds like a wonderful soup to try out. Will get the stuff to make it and let you know how I liked it.
Member

Location: Minnesota
Thumbs up

We hope that you enjoy the soup. Check out some of our other recipes at Dinking Around {DING-KING UH-ROUND} | To goof off for long periods of time when you should be doing important things.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinkingAround View Post
Making it this weekend
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val22 View Post
Making it this weekend
this recipe is really well to make, and i will surely try this too