Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default best Iranian food

On 6/12/2013 3:55 AM, tastytasty wrote:

> this topic for best international recipes and Iranian food

How about joo jeh kebab?
Posted to alt.food.recipes

On 6/14/2013 12:15 PM, casa bona wrote:
> On 6/12/2013 3:55 AM, tastytasty wrote:
>>
>> this topic for best international recipes and Iranian food
>>

> How about joo jeh kebab?

http://mideastfood.about.com/od/keba...ojeh_Kebab.htm

Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless, skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
1/2 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon warm water
1 large yellow onion, grated
saffron (about 10 strands)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Preparation:

Rinse chicken with cold water and dry. Cut into 1 inch chunks. Mix
together remaining ingredients to make a marinade. Soak chicken breast
pieces in marinade for 24 hours prior to cooking in the refrigerator.

Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 350 degrees (F). Place chicken
cubes on skewers and cook until chicken reaches at least 165(F), about
15-20 minutes on the grill or 20-30 minutes in the oven.

Serve joojeh kebabs over a bed or basmati rice with grilled vegetables.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by casa bona View Post
On 6/14/2013 12:15 PM, casa bona wrote:
On 6/12/2013 3:55 AM, tastytasty wrote:

this topic for best international recipes and Iranian food

How about joo jeh kebab?

Joojeh Kebab Recipe with Chicken Breasts

[...]

Sounds good thanks. I know Egyptians like Camel hump steaks..wonder if an Iranian would eat something like that?
Posted to alt.food.recipes

On 6/15/2013 4:26 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> casa bona;1840699 Wrote:
>> On 6/14/2013 12:15 PM, casa bona wrote:-
>> On 6/12/2013 3:55 AM, tastytasty wrote:-
>>
>> this topic for best international recipes and Iranian food
>>

>> -
>> How about joo jeh kebab?-
>>
>> 'Joojeh Kebab Recipe with Chicken Breasts'
>> (http://mideastfood.about.com/od/keba...ojeh_Kebab.htm)
>>
>> Total Time: 30 minutes
>>
>> Ingredients:
>>
>> 1 lb boneless, skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch
>> chunks
>> 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon warm water
>> 1 large yellow onion, grated
>> saffron (about 10 strands)
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> 1 teaspoon pepper
>> 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
>> Preparation:
>>
>> Rinse chicken with cold water and dry. Cut into 1 inch chunks. Mix
>> together remaining ingredients to make a marinade. Soak chicken breast
>> pieces in marinade for 24 hours prior to cooking in the refrigerator.
>>
>> Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 350 degrees (F). Place chicken
>> cubes on skewers and cook until chicken reaches at least 165(F), about
>> 15-20 minutes on the grill or 20-30 minutes in the oven.
>>
>> Serve joojeh kebabs over a bed or basmati rice with grilled vegetables.

> Sounds good thanks. I know Egyptians like Camel hump steaks..wonder if
> an Iranian would eat something like that?

I bet they would eat whatever is marinated and ready, if hungry enough.

I wonder what the hump is like compared to or found on US butcher cut
charts.

I can't propose we have any animal with a water bearing loi9n protuberance!