Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Looking for selfmade "energy" bar recipes

Dear readers,

I am interested in making energy bars for myself and I'd like to ask for
your experiences with them through the following questoins:

Which recipes for homemade energy bars do you know?

What are the most common pitfalls you have encountered while making
them?

Which ingredients worked best?

Which ingredients are overrated in your opinion?

Any more hints for the 1st try?

Kind regards,

Christian
Posted to alt.food.recipes

Christian Kellermann wrote:

> Which recipes for homemade energy bars do you know?

I know Alton Brown (Food Network) had a show where he made them. That might
be a place to check.
Posted to alt.food.recipes

Pete > writes:

> Christian Kellermann wrote:
>>
>> Which recipes for homemade energy bars do you know?

> I know Alton Brown (Food Network) had a show where he made them. That might
> be a place to check.

Thanks for that hint, Pete!
Posted to alt.food.recipes

Christian Kellermann wrote:

> Pete > writes:
>
>> Christian Kellermann wrote:
>>>
>>> Which recipes for homemade energy bars do you know?

>> I know Alton Brown (Food Network) had a show where he made them. That
>> might be a place to check.

> Thanks for that hint, Pete!

I should have been more helpful. This URL should take you to the recipes he
made on that particular episode:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/good-eats...rip/index.html
Senior Member

I never made energy bars at home. i would like to shop healthy wholefood snack bars and muesli from Aussie Health Snax!