Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default Apricots

I've recently been on a huge apricot eating kick & have been perusing many sites for good recipes. My favorites thus far are from my local apricot provider that are delicious ( Categories - B & R Farms, LLC Store ) - I highly recommend the GRILLED MOZZARELLA & APRICOTS ON SOURDOUGH recipe on their site.

I am now looking to expand my apricot recipe scope further. Anyone have some good apricot recipe suggestions?
Member

Smile

I've recently been on a huge apricot eating kick & have been perusing many sites for good recipes.

I am now looking to expand my apricot recipe scope further. Anyone have some good apricot recipe suggestions?

I use the dried ones and reconstitute them in boiling sugar water. When they are nice and soft I stuff each with a pecan half and dip the open end in chocolate half way up or roll the stuffed apricot in sugar...yum. I usually do them for Christmas but they would be good anytime to me. I love apricots.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Apricots make some mighty fine fried or baked pies..turn overs..cobblers and preserves. Sure there are tons of recipes out in cyber space for all those items. Havent used them in many savory applications but have seen some pork and chicken recipes which call for their use. Should be highly compatible when paired with those meats.

Golden Pork And Apricot Casserole Recipe - Food.com - 19709

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaT View Post
I've recently been on a huge apricot eating kick & have been perusing many sites for good recipes. My favorites thus far are from my local apricot provider that are delicious ( Categories - B & R Farms, LLC Store ) - I highly recommend the GRILLED MOZZARELLA & APRICOTS ON SOURDOUGH recipe on their site.

I am now looking to expand my apricot recipe scope further. Anyone have some good apricot recipe suggestions?
Posted to alt.food.recipes

Check out:

http://www.yesterdaysrecipes.com/search/node/apricots

http://www.yesterdaysrecipes.com/search/node/apricot

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 21:32:35 +0000, MegaT
> wrote:

>I've recently been on a huge apricot eating kick & have been perusing
>many sites for good recipes. My favorites thus far are from my local
>apricot provider that are delicious ( 'Categories - B & R Farms, LLC
>Store' (http://www.brfarms.com/recipes/) ) - I highly recommend the
>GRILLED MOZZARELLA & APRICOTS ON SOURDOUGH recipe on their site.
>
>I am now looking to expand my apricot recipe scope further. Anyone have
>some good apricot recipe suggestions?

www.yesterdaysrecipes.com

Classic Recipes & Cuisine
Senior Member

Apricots are excellent sources of vitamin-A, and carotenes. 100 g fresh fruits have 1926 IU or 64% of daily-required levels of vitamin A.

More APRICOTS gloria p Preserving 0 09-08-2012 09:26 PM
So many apricots... BT Humble Preserving 18 23-03-2009 12:01 AM
The last of the apricots? Gloria P Preserving 0 10-08-2008 12:17 AM
The last of the apricots Gloria P General Cooking 0 10-08-2008 12:16 AM
Apricots Koko General Cooking 8 17-07-2006 04:44 AM