Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Location: india
Default Recipe of Paneer Capsicum

Paneer Capsicum is a delicious dish of paneer pieces cooked with capsicum cubes and poppy seeds The dish is a great treat to the taste buds and is best when served with Dhaba Dal Tadka and Tandoori Roti. The base recipe was provided by one of the Yogicook friends, Maitreyee Saha. The recipe was modified a bit by me and both the ways the recipe tasted awesome. I used a bit of Kasuri Methi as well as a spoon of rum in the dish, though the rum is entirely optional. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe of Paneer Capsicum!!

Directions to prepare Paneer Capsicum

Preparation:

Cut the paneer into cubes and keep aside. Cut the capsicum and tomatoes into cubes of paneer size. Soak the poppy seeds for 30 minutes and then crush it coarsely.

Cooking:

Add oil to a pan and let heat. Add the paneer cubes and saute and remove from the pan and keep aside. Do not fry them too much.

To the heated oil in pan, add the capsicum cubes and toss well for a minute. Add the tomato cubes and a whole green chili. Mix well and let them saute for some time. Do not fry them too much. Add the ground poppy seeds. Add salt to taste, pinch of sugar and the saute paneer pieces. Toss well and let them cook for 2 minutes on high flame. Add kasuri methi and toss well and let cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of rum, this is entirely optional; this will cause a flame to rise on the pan and blow off by self.

You are now ready to serve the Paneer Capsicum

Last edited by recipescurry : 28-08-2012 at 11:42 AM Reason: missing some words in post
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recipescurry View Post
[...]

Looking very good..i m looking for this kind of indian stuff !!
Member

[...]

Thanks, excellent recipe
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryusdemetry View Post
Thanks, excellent recipe
hi..Paneer Capsicum is my favorite dish.Please share more dishes of paneer capsicum.I want to try new more recipe.

Recipe of Shahi Paneer recipescurry Recipes 3 15-09-2012 10:13 AM
[Indian Recipe] Mattar Paneer Bob Terwilliger General Cooking 8 10-05-2006 01:31 AM
Grilled Capsicum Daniel Barbecue 2 30-01-2005 12:32 AM
Matar Paneer Curry (Green Peas and Paneer) [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-01-2005 10:56 PM
Matar Paneer Curry (Green Peas and Paneer) [email protected] General Cooking 0 10-01-2005 10:56 PM