Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Post Cake

Ingredients

Plain flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Refined oil or plain butter - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Method

Mixture Preparation
1. Beat the egg very well until it becomes lighter and looks like double the original quantity. (As you do while making omlete )
2. Mix sugar and oil together and stir them pretty hard till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
3. Add the beaten egg to this mixture. Mix well to blend all ingredients thoroughly.
4. Now prepare a mixture of plain flour (maida) and baking powder and sieve it to avoid any lump.
5. Now gradually add this maida mixture, to the batter prepared by mixing sugar, oil and egg.
Note: As you stir the mixture, it will become dense. Add some milk in small amount to make it smooth. Keep on repeating the process of adding maida and then milk as required, till batter is well blended (It should look fluffy/ soft).
6. Add Vanilla essence to the batter and again blend thoroughly.
Cake Preparation
7. Grease the baking tin (or cake tin) with oil and dust it by sprinkling maida over greased surface evenly.
Note: Use baking tin of 6 inch in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
8. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
Note: Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium
9. Heat the presure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Caution: If baking tin comes into direct contact of the base of cooker, it can harm ( overbake ) the cake.
10. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter, inside on cooker dish.( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker)
11. Close the cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid.Lower the flame from high to low after 2 minutes.
12. Let it cook for 40 minutes, then switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
13. After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a skewer inside the cake.
14. If the mixture will not stick on it, means that cake is done.
Note: You can make the cake without egg. Just add 1/2 cup refined oil more.
Make sure that you stir it pretty hard, till you find air bubble in the batter.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radhika View Post
[...]

Awesome recipe..thanks for share !!
Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Cake

On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:33:34 PM UTC+8, Radhika wrote:
> Ingredients
>

> Plain flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
>
> Powdered sugar - 1 cup
>
> Egg - 1
>
> Refined oil or plain butter - 1/2 cup
>
> Baking soda - 1 tsp
>
> Milk - 1 cup
>
> Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
>
> Method
>

> Mixture Preparation
>
> 1. Beat the egg very well until it becomes lighter and looks like double
>
> the original quantity. (As you do while making omlete )
>
> 2. Mix sugar and oil together and stir them pretty hard till the mixture
>
> becomes light and fluffy.
>
> 3. Add the beaten egg to this mixture. Mix well to blend all ingredients
>
> thoroughly.
>
> 4. Now prepare a mixture of plain flour (maida) and baking powder and
>
> sieve it to avoid any lump.
>
> 5. Now gradually add this maida mixture, to the batter prepared by
>
> mixing sugar, oil and egg.
>
> Note: As you stir the mixture, it will become dense. Add some milk in
>
> small amount to make it smooth. Keep on repeating the process of adding
>
> maida and then milk as required, till batter is well blended (It should
>
> look fluffy/ soft).
>
> 6. Add Vanilla essence to the batter and again blend thoroughly.
>
> Cake Preparation
>
> 7. Grease the baking tin (or cake tin) with oil and dust it by
>
> sprinkling maida over greased surface evenly.
>
> Note: Use baking tin of 6 inch in diameter, so that it can easily get
>
> into the pressure cooker.
>
> 8. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
>
> Note: Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium
>
> 9. Heat the presure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
>
> Caution: If baking tin comes into direct contact of the base of cooker,
>
> it can harm ( overbake ) the cake.
>
> 10. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter, inside on cooker
>
> dish.( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker)
>
> 11. Close the cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid.Lower the
>
> flame from high to low after 2 minutes.
>
> 12. Let it cook for 40 minutes, then switch off the heat. Do not open
>
> the lid immediately.
>
> 13. After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put
>
> a skewer inside the cake.
>
> 14. If the mixture will not stick on it, means that cake is done.
>
> Note: You can make the cake without egg. Just add 1/2 cup refined oil
>
> more.
>
> Make sure that you stir it pretty hard, till you find air bubble in the
>
> batter.
>

> --
>
> Radhika

The recipe methods are very detailed. Thanks for taking time to write this. I can remember when my grandmother used to make vanilla cake. It was heavenly but, she added rose essence instead of vanilla essence. The whole house would smell of the goodness of the rose essence cake. yummmmy... Thanks again Radhika.
Member

Thanks for share this recipe.Please share the some new recipe of cake.I want to open a new bakery shop,I hope that recipe helps me very much.
Experienced Member

[...]

I thinks this one of the best illustration for the recipe of cake.

cheese cube

Member

1. PUMPKIN GOEY BUTTER CAKES
Requirements
- One 18 ¼ Ounce yellow cake mix
- An egg
- 7tablespoons of melted butter
- One tablespoon vanilla
- A tablespoon of nutmeg
- ¼ a cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- One 15 ounce can pumpkin softened cream cheese
Method
Raise the oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Select the egg and mix it well with the butter in an electric mixer. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased baking pan that can accommodate the contents.
Using a large bowl beat the pumpkin and cream cheese until fine, add the 3 eggs, vanilla and butter then continue mixing thoroughly. Add the sugar powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg then continue mixing gently until each component is evenly distributed.
Spread the pumpkin mixture over the initially prepared cake butter and bake for 50 minutes. Be careful and ensure the contents don’t overbake as the center needs to be sticky and soft. Preparation and cooking roughly take 1 and ½ hours. This can be a quick breakfast meal for a couple of households each day with a 6 to 8 servings.
With this recipe, there are variations like for instance you can use bananas, peanut butter, chocolate chips or even pineapples instead of the pumpkin.