Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Location: Hamburg, PA
Default Grilled Duck Breast Sandwich

Here's what we did for our demonstration at Cabelas....we brought 40 fresh duck breasts and sold out.

Ingredients:

1 Fresh Pekin Duck Breast
American, Provolone, or cheese of choice
Roll

Rub Ingredients:
1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Peppers
½ tsp. Red Pepper Flare
1 tsp. Black Garlic Paste

Saute Ingredient:
2 tbsp. Duck Fat
1/2 cup Onions
1/2 cup Red Pepper
½ cup Mushrooms
1/4 tsp. Sage

Preparation:

1) Trim excess fat from around duck breast. Score skin side
without cutting into meat (This will help retain succulence and
allow the fat to cook off).
2) Apply rub liberally to both sides of the breast. Set grill to
medium heat and place breast skin side down. Cook for 10 to
15 minutes, skin side down. Turn breast and cook 5 to 8
minutes more (shorter time for medium rare and longer for
well-done).
3) Allow breast to sit for approximately 10 minutes and begin
cooking saute. Saute the duck fat, onions, red pepper,
mushrooms, and sage in skillet until onions are golden
brown.
4) Place duck breast, cheese, and cover with sauteed
vegetables.

Yield: Approximately 4 sandwiches