Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default Pear recipes

Pear pies are a great way to make use of pears this season especially towards the end when they are in plenty and ripening. This is the season for pears in East Africa and I bet there are a thousand different ways to work the pear into a meal without being a bore. This is especially so for children who easily get bored with seeing the same food twice. Any suggestions??
Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
Pear pies are a great way to make use of pears this season especially towards the end when they are in plenty and ripening. This is the season for pears in East Africa and I bet there are a thousand different ways to work the pear into a meal without being a bore. This is especially so for children who easily get bored with seeing the same food twice. Any suggestions??
Ok - I just typed up a response but it didn't show so I will type it again!

Pear jam is one way that i used up a large quantity of pears quickly. I cooked and bottled it. I also make a pear cobbler, which is a dessert too but oh well, pears are sweet! You could also use them in a salad with nuts and a salty cheese.

I also wonder if they can be dehydrated into a snack your kids would eat?
Banned

I found some really good <a href="http://recipe2cook.com/sweet-chutney-recipes/pear-and-mango-chutney.html"> Pear and Mango</a> Chutney that will go well with lunch or Dinner

Pear jelly today, pear sauce tomorrow George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 0 06-08-2013 08:56 PM
Plethora of gifted pears - recipes for crockpot pear butter? Linda[_13_] Preserving 7 10-10-2010 10:26 PM
Avocado Pear With Crab, Pear, Peach And Primroses Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-08-2005 01:51 PM
Pear recipes George Shirley Preserving 7 03-09-2004 07:00 PM
Pear wine---pear brandy Nancree General Cooking 1 04-04-2004 06:53 AM