Caribbean Coconut Bake
Enjoy the simple yet tasty oven baked dough frequently served with butter.
4 cups of flour
3 tsp. of baking powder
4 tbsp. of butter (cold)
1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
1/2 tsp. of salt
1. Mix salt, baking powder and flower and sift thoroughly.
2. Rub mixture with butter until fine.
3. Gradually mix and add coconut milk until dough is smooth.
4. Allow to sit for 30-40 minutes.
5. Then roll dough into a ball then smoothen till 1 inch thich.
6. Place in greased baking dish and bake for 20-25minutes at 325 degree F.
5 cups flour
5 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp ice cold shortening
2 tbsp ice cold butter or margarine
1 dried coconut, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 cups tepid water
Start by preparing the coconut- put pieces in a blender, add warm water. The water should just cover the coconut.
Blend until pieces look almost finely grated and liquid in blender is white.
In a large bowl, put flour, baking powder, yeast, salt and sugar.
Combine thoroughly using a whisk.
Add shortening and butter to flour mixture.
Using a pastry cutter or your hands, cut or rub fat into flour until mixture is grainy and resembles small peas.
Measure 2 to 2 1/2 cups of coconut flesh AND liquid into flour mixture while stirring gently. The dough will be slightly moist not wet.
When all the dry flour has been incorporated, knead dough for about 5 minutes.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:09 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.