Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Banned

Smile Please vote for Laura's Chicken,Leek&Apple pie on www.cheffactor.ie!!

Hey guys, I was wondering could you please help me? I have entered Cully & Sully's Cheffactor 2011 and the prize is the 3 month Ballymaloe course. To get to the final I need as many votes as I can get to them have the chance to show Darina and Rachel Allen what I can do. This would honestly mean the world to me to win. Could you PLEASE PLEASE VOTE for me. All it takes is 30seconds, follow this link and like my entry. Laura's Chicken, Leek & Apple Pie | Chef Factor

Read a bit about me below or you can find me he
Facebook: TheSeasonalKitchen | Facebook
Twitter: kenny_laura
Blog: The Seasonal Kitchen - Laura Kenny

Hi, I'm Laura. I am an architecture student and home cook. I have always been passionate about food and I am particularly interested in sustainability and supporting Irish produce. While growing up I was always surrounded by food and this has driven my own interest. I spent last year studying Irish cheese and Irish buildings and how they are unique to our countryside. I think this is important for us all in realising what unique foods Ireland has to offer. I have spent a lot of time over the years with my friend Donal Skehan and he has inspired me to follow my heart. I'm sure you all have seen how passionate he is and he has taught me a lot. Simon and I really enjoyed being able to be part of his RTE television series Kitchen Hero and follow his success all the way. He is a man of inspiration!!

I attended a one month course in Dublin Cookery School a few years back and absolutely loved it. We all became like a family, cooking and eating together everyday. It really was a fantastic experience. I have also done brief stints in two restaurants including Hanley at the Bar and Urban Picnic which I thoroughly enjoyed and gained a lot of experience. I had always hoped that one day I would be involved in the food business and now I am ready to put everything into something I love and I hope that blogging is only the beginning of something very exciting!