Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default In need of Bolivian Cooking tips?

Hi,

I have procrastinated until today to figure out what I should cook for tomorrow. Considering that a lot of dishes are made day before and sit until cooking time I need Help!!.

I would like to make lechon I have the basics down, can any one offer any tips on better tasting lechon,
or
Can someone suggest an easier bolivian meal to cook for 8-12 people ......
Any tip is helpful!
Commercial coffee machines

Experienced Member

There are many variations of this traditional Bolivian dish, probably as many as there are cooks. I chose this particular one because it was simple, straightforward and, as it was written for a non-Bolivian audience, I could understand the list of ingredients. Finding the yellow pepper, proved a challenge, none of my local stores carried it. I finally found it at the Supermercados Vallarta in Los Angeles, but then only in sauce rather than powder form. Using that was my major deviation from the original recipe.

I didn't think much of the final results. While spicy, I felt the chicken lacked flavor. Mike, however, really liked it as did Mika (though the sauce was too spicy for her). I served it with steamed rice; boiled potatoes and a tomato/onion sauce are other classical accompaniments.