Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Fish cakes

Can one make toothsome fish cakes from tinned tuna? (I am prepared to
be told that fish cakes are never toothsome whatever they're made with.)
Member

Fish Cakes are a common street food in Thailand, and are very flavorful compared to most Western fish cake recipes.
Posted to alt.food.recipes

David torn wrote:

> Fish Cakes are a common street food in Thailand, and are very flavorful
> compared to most Western fish cake recipes.

Thank you. That gave me something to Google for. The following (and
others) turned up:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/th...sservedw_73733

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...ing-sauce.html

Posted to alt.food.recipes

On 6/14/2011 4:52 AM, Frederick Williams wrote:
> David torn wrote:
>>
>> Fish Cakes are a common street food in Thailand, and are very flavorful
>> compared to most Western fish cake recipes.

> Thank you. That gave me something to Google for. The following (and
> others) turned up:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/th...sservedw_73733
>
> http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...ing-sauce.html

I quite often get Tod Mun Pla (fish cakes) at local Thai restaurants.
It's my favorite appetizer.

Back to your original question, I never cook with canned tuna (I hate
the smell of it cooking).

Jim Lahue
Member

Location: USA

Hello,Great recipe shared by you..
I will try this recipe and tell about this,,

Fish Cakes sf[_9_] General Cooking 29 24-02-2013 04:47 AM
Thai fish cakes Ozgirl Diabetic 16 15-11-2011 11:46 AM
I made fish cakes! sf[_9_] General Cooking 43 21-08-2011 05:50 PM
Thai Fish Cakes Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 01-05-2006 07:53 AM
Fish Cakes spain522000 Recipes (moderated) 0 12-03-2005 05:50 AM