Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Another Tarragon chicken - really easy

I make this all the time - it's my favorite chicken recipe.

One cut-up whole fryer, or whatever parts you prefer
(bone-in tastes better)
a cup or so of white wine
about 1 T of crushed dried tarragon (or equivalent of fresh)
sometimes I add a little chervil as well
butter

Arrange the chicken with a little space around each piece in a baking
pan. Pour over enough white wine to cover the pieces about 1/3 of the
way up. Crush the herbs and sprinkle over the pieces. Dot each piece
with a generous pat of butter. Cover and bake at 350 for about 40
minutes. Uncover and continue baking until the pieces get brown and
bubbly and juices run clear.

I usually serve mine with wild/white rice mix (Uncle Ben's!) and green
peas. Some type of combination risotto of similar nature would
probably be good also.

I use this flavor combination in the cavity of whole roasters, too,
but it doesn't get the full infusion or crispiness as the pieces.

yum

=^..^=
.... the problem with people these days is that
they've forgotten we're really just animals.
Posted to alt.food.recipes

On Fri, 13 May 2011 20:04:05 -0400, exotec >
wrote:

>I make this all the time - it's my favorite chicken recipe.
>
>One cut-up whole fryer, or whatever parts you prefer
>(bone-in tastes better)
>a cup or so of white wine
>about 1 T of crushed dried tarragon (or equivalent of fresh)
>sometimes I add a little chervil as well
>butter
>
>Arrange the chicken with a little space around each piece in a baking
>pan. Pour over enough white wine to cover the pieces about 1/3 of the
>way up. Crush the herbs and sprinkle over the pieces. Dot each piece
>with a generous pat of butter. Cover and bake at 350 for about 40
>minutes. Uncover and continue baking until the pieces get brown and
>bubbly and juices run clear.
>
>I usually serve mine with wild/white rice mix (Uncle Ben's!) and green
>peas. Some type of combination risotto of similar nature would
>probably be good also.
>
>I use this flavor combination in the cavity of whole roasters, too,
>but it doesn't get the full infusion or crispiness as the pieces.
>
>yum
>
>=^..^=
>... the problem with people these days is that
>they've forgotten we're really just animals.

Why not the Mammals first....???
And animals do it only as a sign of submission,
to the one that dominates!!!