Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Location: In a small rural town with my sweetheart.
Smile Transparent Pie

Transparent Pie is a Kentucky Tradition so growing up there I learned to make a good pie. Thinking this pie was known everywhere, I was surprised to find that when I would take it to different gatherings, people loved it but never heard of it.

Transparent Pie - A Kentucky Tradition

It's very sweet and great with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
__________________
NanaJenn

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf

http://www.holiday-recipes-collection.com/
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaJenn View Post
Transparent Pie is a Kentucky Tradition so growing up there I learned to make a good pie. Thinking this pie was known everywhere, I was surprised to find that when I would take it to different gatherings, people loved it but never heard of it.

Transparent Pie - A Kentucky Tradition

It's very sweet and great with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
I was looking for a recipe that my grandma used to make. This was it to a "T"!! Like pecan pie without the nuts. VERY sweet but GOOD!! Takes literally 5 minutes to prep. So easy!!!!