Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Banned

Default Ricotta Gnocchi: Little pillows in your mouth

This Ricotta Gnocchi recipe belonged to my Father and before that his Mama made them, and before that, well I'm sure she got it from her Mama as well. I loved them so much when I was a kid I used to beg my Dad to make them for me.

They are exactly what you'd expect a ricotta gnocchi to taste like just by looking at them. They are like little pillows melting in your mouth.

The hard part is trying not to eat them as they come out of the boiling water!

You have to use a good quality ricotta so try to make a trip to a specialty store to buy a good one. I used Calabria Ricotta 100% milk fat. There is nothing diet about this food. So LIVE IT up!

Here is a recipe with pictures and step by step instructions!
Attached Thumbnails
Ricotta Gnocchi: Little pillows in your mouth-ricotta-gnocchi-tomato-rosemary

Pandora: Ricotta gnocchi with tomato sauce? Phred General Cooking 4 30-10-2007 02:07 PM
Ricotta Gnocchi vanessa rutkowski Recipes (moderated) 0 10-12-2006 08:26 AM
Gnocchi di Ricotta [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 31-12-2005 04:11 AM
OT Pillows Dimitri General Cooking 11 27-03-2005 02:15 AM
'Pillows From Heaven' BOB General Cooking 17 07-04-2004 07:34 PM