Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Banned

Default Easy Butter Cookies

This is probably the easiest butter cookies recipe ever.

1 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2-1/2 cups flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, blending well. Blend in flour. Chill dough for 45 minutes. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and use cookie cutters to make cookies. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Cool cookie sheet between batches.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmcookies View Post
This is probably the easiest butter cookies recipe ever.

1 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2-1/2 cups flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, blending well. Blend in flour. Chill dough for 45 minutes. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and use cookie cutters to make cookies. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Cool cookie sheet between batches.
sounds very simple.I will try it with a little tea since i'm vey like it.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminesolis View Post
sounds very simple.I will try it with a little tea since i'm vey like it.
It's actually quite good.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmcookies View Post
It's actually quite good.
Hello guys!

Very awesome and good recipe,

Isabellas (Oatmeal Cookies)

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
Dash salt, optional
Powdered Sugar

Cream butter and sugar until light. Mix in vanilla, then flour, oats and salt. Chill thoroughly. Shape into small balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with a fork, crisscrossing. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes (depending on your oven). Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar
Experienced Member

Location: UK

Hi guys

Beat the butter with the sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until you get a uniform mixture. Mix the flour and baking powder and gradually blend them into the mixture. When youre done, you should have a rather sticky dough. Shape the dough into balls, about 1 inch in diame- ter. Roll them in sugar and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving about an inch of space between cookies, so that they dont stick together when they expand. Bake in preheated oven at 350 deg. F for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, let them cool for a while, and start eating right away.

Thanks for all friends
__________________
Caterers London

Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley Marion View Post
Hello guys!

Very awesome and good recipe,

Isabellas (Oatmeal Cookies)

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
Dash salt, optional
Powdered Sugar

Cream butter and sugar until light. Mix in vanilla, then flour, oats and salt. Chill thoroughly. Shape into small balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with a fork, crisscrossing. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes (depending on your oven). Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar
Thank you for the recipe that you provide. I also write some recipes on my blog. Maybe we can share many more recipes are more delicious and tasty in this forum.
Member

Location: Los Angeles

Thanks for sharing these great recipes with us. I am a cookie monster
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmcookies View Post
This is probably the easiest butter cookies recipe ever.

1 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2-1/2 cups flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, blending well. Blend in flour. Chill dough for 45 minutes. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and use cookie cutters to make cookies. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Cool cookie sheet between batches.
I have been making this exact recipe for years. Everyone else also loved it!
__________________
Entertaining Recipes A one-stop-shop to find the best tasting recipes which are easy to prepare.
Member

Location: Los Angeles

I have not had butter cookies in a good while. I think you just awoke my craving haha.
Member

Great job . Keep providing Recipes and methods like this. Oh thank you my friend!

Member

Vanilla Butter Cookies
Ingredients:
8 ounces unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
4 large egg yolks, beaten
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups unbleached flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt

Preparation:

In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the beaten yolks and vanilla and beat thoroughly.

Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, blending well after each addition.

Form the dough into a ball, wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight,or place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
Use non-stick pans or line pans with parchment paper. Spray lightly with baking oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place dough between 2 pieces of wax paper and roll to a thickness of slightly less than 1/4 inch. Using a cutter, or inverted glass, cut cookies and transfer to baking sheets.

Bake for about 12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Place pans on cooling racks for about 5 minutes, then carefully remove cookies. Allow cookies to cool thoroughly before serving.
This recipe makes between 3 and 4 dozen cookies, depending on cookie cutter size. Make'um big so later you can say "I only had 2 cookies"
Member

Here you go!
Let me know when they are ready and I'll come right over!

1 cup peanut butter (your choice, smooth or chunky)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
sugar, for rolling (optional)
Mix together until smooth.
Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet two inches apart. If desired, roll in extra sugar before placing on cookie sheet.
Press with fork and press again in opposite direction.
Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°.
Do not brown, do not over bake.

Blue Nile Review-James Allen Reviews
Diamond Guide

Last edited by JuliaKhanam : 17-08-2010 at 08:52 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wystan Claude View Post
[...]

Originally Posted by JuliaKhanam View Post
Here you go!
Let me know when they are ready and I'll come right over!

1 cup peanut butter (your choice, smooth or chunky)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
sugar, for rolling (optional)
Mix together until smooth.
Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet two inches apart. If desired, roll in extra sugar before placing on cookie sheet.
Press with fork and press again in opposite direction.
Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°.
Do not brown, do not over bake.

thanks for this sound!
Member