Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Stinkweed

Default 4 Ingredients or Less Recipes: Toffee Bars

Now you will never get rid of me. Toffee is my favorite. <VBG>

"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
> Toffee Bars
>

> 2 sticks butter
> 1 Cup brown sugar
> 2 Cup flour
> 1 egg yolk
> 1 package chocolate chips
> Preheat oven to 350°
>
> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>
> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>
> Back to Top

Stinkweed

"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
> Toffee Bars
>

> 2 sticks butter
> 1 Cup brown sugar
> 2 Cup flour
> 1 egg yolk
> 1 package chocolate chips
> Preheat oven to 350°
>
> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>
> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>
> Back to Top

TCM

Stinkweed wrote:
> Now you will never get rid of me. Toffee is my favorite. <VBG>
>
> "Duckie ®" > wrote in message
>> Toffee Bars
>>

>> 2 sticks butter
>> 1 Cup brown sugar
>> 2 Cup flour
>> 1 egg yolk
>> 1 package chocolate chips
>> Preheat oven to 350°
>>
>> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
>> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>>
>> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
>> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>>
>> Back to Top

Sounds delicious and certainly looks easy enough
TCM

Stinkweed wrote:
> Now you will never get rid of me. Toffee is my favorite. <VBG>
>
> "Duckie ®" > wrote in message
>> Toffee Bars
>>

>> 2 sticks butter
>> 1 Cup brown sugar
>> 2 Cup flour
>> 1 egg yolk
>> 1 package chocolate chips
>> Preheat oven to 350°
>>
>> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
>> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>>
>> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
>> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>>
>> Back to Top

Sounds delicious and certainly looks easy enough
TCM

TCM wrote:
> Stinkweed wrote:
>> Now you will never get rid of me. Toffee is my favorite. <VBG>
>>
>> "Duckie ®" > wrote in message
>>> Toffee Bars
>>>

>>> 2 sticks butter
>>> 1 Cup brown sugar
>>> 2 Cup flour
>>> 1 egg yolk
>>> 1 package chocolate chips
>>> Preheat oven to 350°
>>>
>>> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
>>> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>>>
>>> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
>>> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>>>
>>> Back to Top
>>>

> Sounds delicious and certainly looks easy enough

Even if it IS more than 4 ingredients.

TCM

TCM wrote:
> Stinkweed wrote:
>> Now you will never get rid of me. Toffee is my favorite. <VBG>
>>
>> "Duckie ®" > wrote in message
>>> Toffee Bars
>>>

>>> 2 sticks butter
>>> 1 Cup brown sugar
>>> 2 Cup flour
>>> 1 egg yolk
>>> 1 package chocolate chips
>>> Preheat oven to 350°
>>>
>>> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
>>> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>>>
>>> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
>>> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>>>
>>> Back to Top
>>>

> Sounds delicious and certainly looks easy enough

Even if it IS more than 4 ingredients.
Cleo

We buy butter by the pound here. Is a stick of butter a 1/4 cup?

"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
> Toffee Bars
>

> 2 sticks butter
> 1 Cup brown sugar
> 2 Cup flour
> 1 egg yolk
> 1 package chocolate chips
> Preheat oven to 350°
>
> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>
> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>
> Back to Top

Cleo

"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
> Toffee Bars
>

> 2 sticks butter
> 1 Cup brown sugar
> 2 Cup flour
> 1 egg yolk
> 1 package chocolate chips
> Preheat oven to 350°
>
> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>
> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>
> Back to Top

TCM

Cleo wrote:
> We buy butter by the pound here. Is a stick of butter a 1/4 cup?
>
> "Duckie ®" > wrote in message
>> Toffee Bars
>>

>> 2 sticks butter
>> 1 Cup brown sugar
>> 2 Cup flour
>> 1 egg yolk
>> 1 package chocolate chips
>> Preheat oven to 350°
>>
>> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
>> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>>
>> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
>> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>>
>> Back to Top

It's 1/2 pound, 1 cup

--
Tonya Marshall
Take back the web. Get Firefox!
TCM

TCM wrote:
> Cleo wrote:
>> We buy butter by the pound here. Is a stick of butter a 1/4 cup?
>>
>> "Duckie ®" > wrote in message
>>> Toffee Bars
>>>

>>> 2 sticks butter
>>> 1 Cup brown sugar
>>> 2 Cup flour
>>> 1 egg yolk
>>> 1 package chocolate chips
>>> Preheat oven to 350°
>>>
>>> Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press
>>> into 9x13in baking pan. Bake until golden brown.
>>>
>>> Pour chocolate chips over the top. Let sit 2 minutes or until glossy.
>>> Spread chocolate into an even layer.
>>>
>>> Back to Top
>>>

> It's 1/2 pound, 1 cup

Oops. I was going by the recipe's 2 sticks. One stick is a quarter pound
or 1/2 cup. Same as a cube.

--
Tonya Marshall
Take back the web. Get Firefox!

TCM

TCM wrote:
> Cleo wrote:
>> We buy butter by the pound here. Is a stick of butter a 1/4 cup?
>>
>> "Duckie ®" > wrote in message
>>> Toffee Bars
>>>

>>> 2 sticks butter
>>> 1 Cup brown sugar