Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Sam

Default LF: Trifle Recipe

Hi,

I'm new to this ng so I offer my apologies in advance if I am breaching any
of the conventions of this ng by asking for a specific recipe.

A few years ago, Kraft issued a calendar that was full of Philadelphia Cream
Cheese recipes. One of these recipes, a recipe for a "Cheesecake Trifle,"
was one of my favourites. I don't remember all of the specifics of the
recipe but remember that it included pound cake layers, a "cheeescake"
layer, fruit, and layers of grated chocolate.

Unfortunately, I lost this calendar, and all of the recipes, a couple of
years ago and have not been able to find a copy. Perhaps one of you
remembers the calendar and the specific recipe and could post it for me.

Thanks in advance.
Sam

T A R T

"Sam" > wrote in message
ers.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this ng so I offer my apologies in advance if I am breaching

any
> of the conventions of this ng by asking for a specific recipe.
>
> A few years ago, Kraft issued a calendar that was full of Philadelphia

Cream
> Cheese recipes. One of these recipes, a recipe for a "Cheesecake Trifle,"
> was one of my favourites. I don't remember all of the specifics of the
> recipe but remember that it included pound cake layers, a "cheeescake"
> layer, fruit, and layers of grated chocolate.
>
> Unfortunately, I lost this calendar, and all of the recipes, a couple of
> years ago and have not been able to find a copy. Perhaps one of you
> remembers the calendar and the specific recipe and could post it for me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sam

The kraft website has a few trifle cheesecake recipes but nothing like the
one you mention above:

http://www.kraft.com.au/kraftKitchens/

Have a search anyway

Carolyn LeCrone

"Sam" > wrote in message
ers.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this ng so I offer my apologies in advance if I am breaching

any
> of the conventions of this ng by asking for a specific recipe.
>
> A few years ago, Kraft issued a calendar that was full of Philadelphia

Cream
> Cheese recipes. One of these recipes, a recipe for a "Cheesecake Trifle,"
> was one of my favourites. I don't remember all of the specifics of the
> recipe but remember that it included pound cake layers, a "cheeescake"
> layer, fruit, and layers of grated chocolate.
>
> Unfortunately, I lost this calendar, and all of the recipes, a couple of
> years ago and have not been able to find a copy. Perhaps one of you
> remembers the calendar and the specific recipe and could post it for me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sam
> What are the conventions of this ng?

Sam

"T A R T" > wrote in message
u...
> The kraft website has a few trifle cheesecake recipes but nothing like the
> one you mention above:
>
> http://www.kraft.com.au/kraftKitchens/
>
> Have a search anyway

Thanks.

I should have mentioned that I have already googled the Internet, searched
the Kraft site, and gone so far as to contact Kraft directly to see if they
still had the recipe in their corporate files. All to no avail.

Still looking and still hoping.

Sam

Samantha R.

"Sam" > stated:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this ng so I offer my apologies in advance if I am
> breaching any of the conventions of this ng by asking for a
> specific recipe.
>
> A few years ago, Kraft issued a calendar that was full of
> Philadelphia Cream Cheese recipes. One of these recipes, a
> recipe for a "Cheesecake Trifle," was one of my favourites. I
> don't remember all of the specifics of the recipe but remember
> that it included pound cake layers, a "cheeescake" layer, fruit,
> and layers of grated chocolate.
>
> Unfortunately, I lost this calendar, and all of the recipes, a
> couple of years ago and have not been able to find a copy.
> Perhaps one of you remembers the calendar and the specific
> recipe and could post it for me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sam

Huge list he

Title/subject: WARNING 336K file 1/1 Cheesecake recipes
Sept 19, 1996 from rec.food.cooking

Julia Weisheitel

Sam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this ng so I offer my apologies in advance if I am
> breaching any of the conventions of this ng by asking for a specific
> recipe.
>
> A few years ago, Kraft issued a calendar that was full of
> Philadelphia Cream Cheese recipes. One of these recipes, a recipe

for
> a "Cheesecake Trifle," was one of my favourites. I don't remember

all
> of the specifics of the recipe but remember that it included pound
> cake layers, a "cheeescake" layer, fruit, and layers of grated
> chocolate.
>
> Unfortunately, I lost this calendar, and all of the recipes, a

couple
> of years ago and have not been able to find a copy. Perhaps one of

you
> remembers the calendar and the specific recipe and could post it for
> me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sam

here in germany there is a whole book available called something like
philadelphia cakes - recipes with philadelphia cheese. maybe you could
get it in an online bookshop or similar?

julia

Sam

"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
> This sounds very much like the recipe you are describing but w/o the
> chocolate.
>
> http://www.favoritebrandrecipes.com/...9001001790.htm
>
> Perhaps this will help and you can easily add the grated chocolate w/i
> the layers
>
> HTH
>
> Duckie

Thanks Duckie,

It's not quite the same but has some similarities and I think I will try to
adapt it if I can't find the original. The original was layered as well but
that is a small adjustment.

Thanks again!

Sam

Sam

"Samantha R." > wrote in message
> Huge list he
>

> Title/subject: WARNING 336K file 1/1 Cheesecake recipes
> Sept 19, 1996 from rec.food.cooking

Thanks Samantha,

Unfortunately, that message is no longer archived on my news server and I
couldn't find it using google newsgroups either.

:-(
Sam

Sam

"Julia Weisheitel" > wrote in message

> here in germany there is a whole book available called something like
> philadelphia cakes - recipes with philadelphia cheese. maybe you could
> get it in an online bookshop or similar?
>
> julia

Danke Shon Julia,

I will search amazon.com and abesbooks to see if I can find. Thanks for the
great tip.

Sam

Samantha R

"Sam" > wrote in
. cable.rogers.com:

> "Samantha R." > wrote in message
>> Huge list he
>>

>> Title/subject: WARNING 336K file 1/1 Cheesecake recipes
>> Sept 19, 1996 from rec.food.cooking

> Thanks Samantha,
>
> Unfortunately, that message is no longer archived on my news
> server and I couldn't find it using google newsgroups either.
>
>:-(
> Sam

It's in googles archives..

3E

or
http://tinyurl.com/59alb

or click

or search by date in "rec.food.cooking"
for "Cheesecake recipes"
Sept 19, 1996
at
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Sam

http://tinyurl.com/59alb

> or click
>

> or search by date in "rec.food.cooking"
> for "Cheesecake recipes"
> Sept 19, 1996
> at
> http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Sigh... now I look desperate and incompetent! :-)

Thanks for helping me out (again) Samantha.

Cheers,
Sam

Samantha R

"Sam" > wrote in
ble.rogers.com:

> "Samantha R" > wrote in message

[cut]

> Thanks for helping me out (again) Samantha.
>
> Cheers,
> Sam

Glad I could help out. I sure do hope you find the recipe.

I'd sure like to see it and try it out. Sounds yummy!

I'm *desperate*.. that you *do* find it. ;o)
Please share.

Cheers!

Sam

"Samantha R" > wrote in message
> "Sam" > wrote in
> ble.rogers.com:
>

> > "Samantha R" > wrote in message

> [cut]
> >
> > Thanks for helping me out (again) Samantha.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Sam

> Glad I could help out. I sure do hope you find the recipe.
>
> I'd sure like to see it and try it out. Sounds yummy!
>
> I'm *desperate*.. that you *do* find it. ;o)
> Please share.
>
> Cheers!

To be honest, my optimism is dwindling that I will find the recipe. But I
think I will take a few of the ones that I do find and try to adapt them to
match what I remember. If I can achieve a respectable result, I'll be sure
to post the adapted recipe here.

Thanks again,
Sam

Decadent Trifle recipe ..PL.. General Cooking 2 08-03-2009 04:21 PM
Trifle ravenlynne General Cooking 23 14-04-2007 07:31 PM
Trifle Di Brookman Recipes (moderated) 0 18-08-2006 03:43 AM
Trifle Oh Deer Recipes (moderated) 0 14-08-2006 10:04 AM
REQ: Trifle Recipe Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 3 10-12-2005 05:51 AM