Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes
ngr ngr is offline

Default Anyone heard of Cauliflower and blue cheese soup?

I had this delicious cauliflower and blue cheese soup the other night at a
function and it was the most beautiful soup I have ever tasted.

It was creamy and served with a small sprinkle of green herbs in the centre.

Anyone heard of this before and know a recipe - i'd love to have a go at
this myself but don't know where to start except that i'll need a
cauliflower and some blue cheese of sorts.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaHunt View Post
That sounds incredible. I need to try right now! Maybe this wknd!
Return soup to the heat, when warmed thoroughly, re-season and serve.
I have had a lot of soups but this one really souds delicious. I am going to try this one also. recipes4freeforum - Index God is good.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngr View Post
I had this delicious cauliflower and blue cheese soup the other night at a
function and it was the most beautiful soup I have ever tasted.

It was creamy and served with a small sprinkle of green herbs in the centre.

Anyone heard of this before and know a recipe - i'd love to have a go at
this myself but don't know where to start except that i'll need a
cauliflower and some blue cheese of sorts.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
No I didn't heard about that before just get to know And really thinking of its taste I will try this one for sure
Member

Location: Glasgow
Smile

That’s interesting. I make a Broccoli and blue cheese soup. Never tried it with cauliflower

1 litre chicken stock
500g broccoli
250g blue cheese (a nice creamy cheese works best), if it’s really strong use maybe 200g
1 onion chopped
Knob of butter

Melt butter and soften onions. Add stock and broccoli. Boil till cooked. Blitz the mix with a hand blender and then add the cheese. Stir till melted.

It’s easy and delicious.

have a look at my blog for more recipes. I will add the soup later
__________________
http://itcheninthekitchen.blogspot.com/
Itchen in the Kitchen

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smclaren View Post
That’s interesting. I make a Broccoli and blue cheese soup. Never tried it with cauliflower

1 litre chicken stock
500g broccoli
250g blue cheese (a nice creamy cheese works best), if it’s really strong use maybe 200g
1 onion chopped
Knob of butter

Melt butter and soften onions. Add stock and broccoli. Boil till cooked. Blitz the mix with a hand blender and then add the cheese. Stir till melted.

It’s easy and delicious.

have a look at my blog for more recipes. I will add the soup later
Ya its sounds yummy.But I have never tasted it.I really one to try this delicious soup but I want the recipe.Thanks for sharing it.
Member

I have never heard of this but am definitely look forward to making some and trying it...thanks for sharing the recipe
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngr View Post
I had this delicious cauliflower and blue cheese soup the other night at a
function and it was the most beautiful soup I have ever tasted.

It was creamy and served with a small sprinkle of green herbs in the centre.

Anyone heard of this before and know a recipe - i'd love to have a go at
this myself but don't know where to start except that i'll need a
cauliflower and some blue cheese of sorts.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Yes. I discovered it at a restaurant as well. I thought it was a nice alternative to typical potato cheese soup or beer cheese soup... although it is pretty much the same thing in concept. It tasted great, and I imagine it is pretty simple to make.

One recommendation to all the recipes posted.... add cooked, crumpled bacon. Bacon rocks on just about everything of course, but I've found the bacon-bleu cheese combo is especially naughty.

-Cheers
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngr View Post
I had this delicious cauliflower and blue cheese soup the other night at a
function and it was the most beautiful soup I have ever tasted.

It was creamy and served with a small sprinkle of green herbs in the centre.

Anyone heard of this before and know a recipe - i'd love to have a go at
this myself but don't know where to start except that i'll need a
cauliflower and some blue cheese of sorts.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Hey its sounds very different ...Really is it tasty ???
Member

Location: Burgundy, France

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainscott View Post
Hey its sounds very different ...Really is it tasty ???
You can also add a bit of broccoli...the combination is really good! Very easy to make, you just need cauliflower, broccoli, any blue cheese will do, a wee bit of salt, as most blue cheeses are quite salty, pepper, milk and off you go!