Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default Tomato and Burrata Sfizi (Stracciatella)

Hey,
I don't know about you but I love Italian food. There is nothing better than a great Tomato and Burrata Stacciatella. It is something that is so simple and great to make. I made this for my Fiance as a appetizer for a ravioli dinner and I think that she said yes because of the awesomeness of the Burrata. There is nothing better than satisfaction of seeing your loved one eating your food with a smile on their face. If you have any questions or good recipes just give me a heads up and I would love to try them!

Tomato and Burrata Sfizi (Stracciatella) by Chef Michael White

Makes 4 servings
INGREDIENTS:

1 cup 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes
3/4 cups loosely packed, julienned basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
sea salt
1/2 loaf ciabatta, cut into 1/2 inch slices on the bias
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lobe Burrata**, insides only
PREPARATION:

1. In a large skillet, heat the 1/2 cup of olive oil over medium heat until warm. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, over low heat for 6-8 minutes just until translucent.

2. Add the tomatoes, sea salt and crushed red pepper and let simmer for an hour. Sprinkle in the basil. Puree the sauce with a potato masher until you reach a thick sauce-like consistency and let cool to room temperature.

3. Brush the ciabatta slices with 1/2 cup oil and grill, about 5 minutes. Remove and reserve. Spread the inside of the Burrata on one side of a wooden bowl.

4. Pour the half the tomato sauce on the other side (and reserve the rest for future use).

5. Serve Burrata and tomatoes with warm bread family style for a great appetizer.

**Burrata is a fresh mozarella, it differs from other fresh mozzarellas in that when it is sliced in half it contains a creamy inside.

Tell me what you think of the recipe!

Thanks,
Juan Guadalupe