Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Smile My Homemade Stew

Homemade Stew

My Homemade Stew

Ingredients:

1 1/2 Lbs stewing beef
1 med. onion
1 margarine dish empty
1 cup pancake mix.
1 tablespoon seasoning salt

Cut the stewing beef into pieces. Put into marg. container
close lid and shake until meat is coated. Put into frying pan with
about 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Meanwhile fill 6 quart pot about
half full with hot tap water add salt to taste, put on stove to boil. cook
meat untill brown on both sides. Add to boiling water, add onion,return
to boiling point. Turn down to simmer, cook for about 3 hours.
You can also do this in your crock pot. Add carrots and potatoes.
Cook about 45 minutes. Meanwhile mix up fluffy dumpling recipe.
Add the dumplings, so that they are done 15 minutes before you
are ready to serve the stew.
Thank you for checking out my recipes. This one is good all year
round. Either use crock pot or I have even cook it on my barbecue
[url=http://www.carolshomecooking.com[Carolshomecooking.com[/url]

Last edited by katreen : 05-06-2009 at 07:51 PM Reason: extra words
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katreen View Post
[...]

ooOOOoo I love stew! Thank you for the recipe!