Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Location: New York, NY
Default Favorite Home-cooked Meals from Your Childhood

Certain foods bring us back in time. They remind of us of BBQs, birthday parties, school lunches, dinners at home, etc. They’re yummy and they make us think of our mothers, fathers, grandparents or whoever made that comforting meal for us.

I’m working on a project where I’m compiling some favorite childhood home-cooked meals. These meals could be your average comfort meal (i.e. mac ‘n cheese) or something more exotic.

What's your favorite childhood meal that brings the most comfort and nostalgia? Please be as descriptive as possible

Please indicate...

Name of the meal:
A short description of what the meal is:
Who made it for you:
What does the meal remind you of:

***Note: If your submission is used, proper credit will be given.***

Thank you,
Olivia
Happymessykitchen.blogspot.com
Member

Location: In the Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hppymssykitchen View Post
[...]

Sliced hotdog sandwiches. Slice a hotdog lengthwise into 4 strips, fry in pan, serve on sliced bread with mayo and ketchup. Delicious.