Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Lasagna

I found this recipe about 10 years ago on a news group, but I have
long since forgotten where so I can't credit the original source. The
recipe is great exactly the way it is, but I substituted ground
Italian sausage for the beef which makes the recipe even more
flavourful.

Meat Mixture
1 pound Ground beef (or ground hot Italian sausage)
1 medium diced onion
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper

Saute onions and garlic in olive oil. Add ground beef, salt and
pepper, and cook until ground beef is browned.

Sauce Mixture
1 12 oz. can diced stewed tomatoes
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 clove crushed garlic
3 tsp oregano
3 tsp basil
1 tsp bay leaf
1 tsp marjoram
1 tsp cilantro
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp sage

Mix all ingredients together. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and
simmer 20 mins.

Cheese Mixture
16 oz. ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
dash of oregano, basil and parsley

Final Assembly
sliced mushrooms and green peppers
wet lasagna noodles

Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a "9 x 12" rectangular dish with olive
oil. Layer in uncooked noodles, cheese mixture, meat mixture, and
sauce mixture, interspersing mushrooms and green peppers. Finish with
a layer of sauce, and top with mozzarella and parmesan. Cook until
noodles are soft.

**I have also made this recipe with sliced spaghetti squash noodles
(pre cooked) as a substitute for lasagna noodles and this was great as
well.

Lasagna ViLco General Cooking 0 26-03-2010 12:43 PM
Mom's Lasagna Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 02-05-2007 12:46 PM