Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Experienced Member

Location: Colombia
Default Fruit Cake

This recipe can be used as a dessert, accompanying any of my previous recipes or simply as a small meal during the day.

Beat 8 egg whites to snow, add the egg yolks and 4 tablespoons of flour. This beat is divided into 2 greased cooking molds and cooked in the hot oven.

With 10 mangoes make a jelly cooking the pulps with a cup of sugar. Hanging and starts to fire again, stirring with a wooden spoon until it thicks.

Remove the mix from one of the cooking molds, place on a plate and place a layer of mango jelly. Cover with the dough of the other cooking mold.

Take a can of fruit in syrup and mix the juice with one tablespoon mayonnaise. Pour over the cake to soak the dough and garnish with chopped fruit.

Serve cold.
__________________
Victoria Guzman
An expert in good food and cooking
My Website: www.recipesdrinksandfood.com
Member

Easy Fruitcake Recipe:

Ingredients:
* 1 package spice cake mix (2 layer size)
* 1 package (3 3/4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
* 2/3 cup apricot nectar
* 1/4 cup Apricot brandy
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup chopped dates
* 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
* 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* Glaze, optional
* 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
* 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot brandy

Preparation:
In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, apricot nectar, 1/4 cup apricot brandy, and vegetable oil. Beat on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in the chopped fruits and nuts. Turn batter into a generously greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. BAke at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan then remove to a rack to cool thoroughly. For best flavor, wrap and store in refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.

Combine 2 to 3 tablespoons of apricot brandy with 1 cup confectioners' sugar; drizzle over fruitcake before serving, if desired.
Posted to alt.food.recipes

Who can afford ten mangos?

Posted to alt.food.recipes
raf raf is offline

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:12:12 -0400, (Mary~~
Smokey) wrote:

>Who can afford ten mangos?

I live in Hawaii. We have a tree in the backyard.
Posted to alt.food.recipes

How wonderful!