Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Default Banana Bread

BANANA BREAD

2 eggs
1 1/4 c. mashed bananas (about 3)
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1/2 c. melted shortening or margarine
2 c. flour
1/2 c. nuts

12-inch Dutch oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas first,
then add all other ingredients. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.
(To cook outdoors on campfire, put 10 coals on top of Dutch oven
8 coals on bottom. This equals 350 degrees.)
Member

Cream butter and sugar. Add dry ingredients. Add beaten eggs and bananas. Place in greased loaf pan and bake. If you're feeling very daring, throw about a half a pack of chocolate chips in the mix!!

Enjoy and God bless!!
Member

Location: Sarasota, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
Cream butter and sugar. Add dry ingredients. Add beaten eggs and bananas. Place in greased loaf pan and bake. If you're feeling very daring, throw about a half a pack of chocolate chips in the mix!!

Enjoy and God bless!!
Thank you for this recipe...I havent had banana bread since my aunt used to make it 10 years ago. I cannot wait to try!
__________________
Looking for Valentine chocolate recipes.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
Cream butter and sugar. Add dry ingredients. Add beaten eggs and bananas. Place in greased loaf pan and bake. If you're feeling very daring, throw about a half a pack of chocolate chips in the mix!!

Enjoy and God bless!!
Yes! I agree! Adding some chocolate chips in the mix will make Banana Bread more delicious! Yummy!
__________________
http://prochef360blog.com/
Member

It is a great receipe.... I really like it.....
Let me try this out...... I hope that will be very taste...

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS11 View Post
Thank you for this recipe...I havent had banana bread since my aunt used to make it 10 years ago. I cannot wait to try!
hi,

try this banana bread recipe.you will def. like this !
Banana Bread Recipe Indian Kerala Kannada Karnataka Recipes, khana pakana, khana khazana, healthy Recipes, tamil simple, andhra easy Recipes,Food Recipes, hyderabad recipe India south indian recipes khana How to make Banana Bread

happy cooking
Suma
Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kattima
Post

Banana Bread

INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
__________________
Budget hotels in chennai | Ooty
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattima View Post
[...]

This is a GREAT recipe. However seems to have a lot of calories. Anyone know of little healthier way to make this delish favorite??
Banned

Hi,
i have tried it its really very testy.
Thanks
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punita123 View Post
Hi,
i have tried it its really very testy.
Thanks
I'll try to make it! thanks a lot for sharing!

Member

Hello everyone,

Those are great recipes. I had try that one as well. It taste very well.
Have anyone here try a fried banana ? they say its a delicious food!

REC Banana Bread Doug Freyburger General Cooking 1 24-04-2010 03:34 AM
Banana Nut Bread Lee[_17_] Baking 2 28-01-2010 09:22 PM
Banana Bread kilikini General Cooking 45 02-07-2007 05:02 PM
Banana Bread Eleanor Creighton Recipes (moderated) 0 23-02-2007 12:02 AM
Banana Bread [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 05-02-2004 01:27 AM