Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

lufus

Default Fruit Snacks, Anyone Know How To Make Them?

I'd really like to start making my own. I have no idea where to start
though. Just to be totally clear, I mean the chewy candy kind, when I
was on google I came across alot of recipes for fruit snacks made from
real dried fruit, this isn't what I meant.
Damon

Do you mean like gummi bears or fruit roll ups?

"lufus" > wrote in message
> I'd really like to start making my own. I have no idea where to start
> though. Just to be totally clear, I mean the chewy candy kind, when I
> was on google I came across alot of recipes for fruit snacks made from
> real dried fruit, this isn't what I meant.

lufus

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:31:37 -0600, "Damon" >
wrote:

>Do you mean like gummi bears or fruit roll ups?
>

>"lufus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I'd really like to start making my own. I have no idea where to start
>> though. Just to be totally clear, I mean the chewy candy kind, when I
>> was on google I came across alot of recipes for fruit snacks made from
>> real dried fruit, this isn't what I meant.

Preferably stuff like gummy bears, although learning how to make
stuff like fruit roll-ups would be nice too.

Also just another question, anyone know how I can add liquid filling
inside the candies, kinda like gushers?
Duckie ®

Default Gummi Bears Fruit Snacks, Anyone Know How To Make Them?

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:57:00 GMT, lufus >
wrote:

>Preferably stuff like gummy bears, although learning how to make
>stuff like fruit roll-ups would be nice too.
>
>Also just another question, anyone know how I can add liquid filling
>inside the candies, kinda like gushers?

Gummi Bears

1 small box gelatin with sugar (any flavor)
7 envelopes unflavored gelatine
1/2 cup water

Mix in a saucepan until the mixture resembles play dough. Place pan
over low heat and stir until melted. When completely melted, pour into
plastic candy molds, and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.

lufus

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:05:03 -0500, Duckie ® >
wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:57:00 GMT, lufus >
>wrote:
>
>>Preferably stuff like gummy bears, although learning how to make
>>stuff like fruit roll-ups would be nice too.
>>
>>Also just another question, anyone know how I can add liquid filling
>>inside the candies, kinda like gushers?

>Gummi Bears
>
>1 small box gelatin with sugar (any flavor)
>7 envelopes unflavored gelatine
>1/2 cup water
>
>Mix in a saucepan until the mixture resembles play dough. Place pan
>over low heat and stir until melted. When completely melted, pour into
>plastic candy molds, and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.

Thank you for that recipe, I'm going to have to try that this weekend
when I'm not busy.

How to make fruit smoothy without it solidifying later in the fridge? Sum Guy General 9 16-05-2012 07:32 AM
How to make fruit smoothy without it solidifying later in thef... THE RETURN OF CORKY Recipes 0 26-11-2011 12:05 AM
How to make fruit smoothy without it solidifying later in the fridge? Sum Guy General Cooking 8 22-11-2011 06:51 PM
Easy to make snacks Dipsee Recipes 0 31-10-2006 08:49 AM
does fruit make a solid diet? Bernard Arnest General Cooking 9 19-09-2005 04:13 AM