Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Duckie ®

Default Garlic Pork

Garlic Pork

Serving Size : 4 - 6 servings.
Category : Pork

4 Lbs. lean pork (with just a little fat)
2 Pints vinegar
1/2 Lb. garlic
1 Bunch thyme (I broad leaf and 4 stalks fine
leaf)
8 wiri-wiri peppers
6 Cloves garlic
1 Tsp. Salt

Ready, set, cook!

1.Cut pork into suitable sized pieces. Steep pork in a solution of 1/2
pint vinegar and water, then lift out using two forks and put into a
large jar or bottle. 2.Pound garlic, peppers and thyme. Add to the
rest of the vinegar. Add salt and clove. Pour over pork, making sure
that there is enough liquid to cover pork completely. 3.Leave to soak
for about 3 - 4 days or longer if possible. 4.Into a pan, put pork
with some of the vinegar liquid and leave it to boil until liquid
evaporates. The fat of the pork should also melt supplying the fat in
which the pork will fry until brown. 5.Serve hot.

Nutritional Information: 163 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (0%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 63g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol;
2145mg Sodium