Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

hahabogus

Default Cocktail Meatballs

Duckie ® > wrote in
:

> Cocktail Meatballs

> ---------
>
> 2 lbs. ground beef
> 1 egg, slightly beaten
> 1 onion, grated
> 1 bottle chili sauce
> 1 jar (6 to 8 oz size) Welch's grape jelly
> Juice of lemon
> Combine the beef, egg, onion in a bowl and mix well. Shape into "tiny"
> balls. Brown in skillet.
> Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Add the meatballs and
> simmer until meatballs are tender.
>
> To serve; reheat in a chafing dish. Have toothpicks nearby.

I prefer using horse radash sauce instead of lemon juice...1 or 2
tbsp....Adds a better zing. Adding that onion soup powder to the meat is
good too. And baking the balls works as well.

--
And the beet goes on! (or under)
-me just a while ago
carol

i put this in a crock pot and let it slowly cook all day. drives my family
crazy because they love them!

carol

------