Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Joe Reynolds

Default Need help on a recipe

I need a good recipe for Turkish Delight. I've got one that uses Cream De
Menthe, but it takes FOREVER to prepare (about 2 days). I'm hoping for one
which can be done in an evening. Probably doesnt exist, but if anyone knows
of one, let me know please!

-Joe

--
Outside of a dog,
Books are man's best friend.

Anduin

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:53:53 GMT, Joe Reynolds wrote the following
message m>:

>I need a good recipe for Turkish Delight. I've got one that uses Cream De
>Menthe, but it takes FOREVER to prepare (about 2 days). I'm hoping for one
>which can be done in an evening. Probably doesnt exist, but if anyone knows
>of one, let me know please!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...oogle+Searc h
- 7,540 results.

Good luck!

Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)
Greg

Here i hope this is of some help..

http://www.ziyad.com/recipes/turkish_delight_recipe.htm

Anduin wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:53:53 GMT, Joe Reynolds wrote the following
> message m>:
>

>>I need a good recipe for Turkish Delight. I've got one that uses Cream De
>>Menthe, but it takes FOREVER to prepare (about 2 days). I'm hoping for one
>>which can be done in an evening. Probably doesnt exist, but if anyone knows
>>of one, let me know please!

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...oogle+Searc h
> - 7,540 results.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Anduin

Greg

Here is one more

Turkish Delight

From: (Stephanie da Silva)

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1993 07:13:24 GMT

Bring 1/2 cup cold water, 1 cup sugar and the grated rinds of one orange
and one lemon to a boil. When boiling, add 2 tablespoons gelatin dissolved
in a little warm water and continue simmering for 15 minutes. Remove from
head and stir in 2 tablespoons red currant jelly, 3 tablespoons strained
orange juice, 3 tablespoons strained lemon juice and 3 tablespoons strained
lime juice and a little green food colouring. Pour into a shallow, square
wet tin, and chill in the refrigertor until set. When cold and firm, cut
into squares using a knife dipped in hot water. Toss pieces in sifted icing
sugar and enjoy.

Turkish Delight

From:
(Stephanie da Silva)

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1993 07:13:24 GMT

2 cups (1/2 liter) granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups (300 ml) water
1 lemon, the peel cut into strips, the juice squeezed and strained
1 orange, the peel cut into strips, the juice squeezed and strained
4 tablespoons (60 ml) unflavoured powdered gelatin
2 tablespoons (30 ml) confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon (15 ml) cornstarch

Dissolve the granulated sugar in half of the water over medium heat. Add
the strips of lemon and orange peel and the juices. Bring the mixture to
a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Soften the gelatin by soaking it for 5
to 10 minutes in the rest of the water. Add the gelatin to the sugar syrup
stirring well, and boil for 10 minutes, until the syrup reaches the thread
stage.

Strain the mixture into shallow dampened pan or onto platters, and let it
set for 24 hours. Cut the candy into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) squares. Sift the
confectioners' sugar and cornstarch together into a shallow dish. Roll
the pieces of candy in the mixture. Store the squares in boxes with more
confectioners' sugar and cornstarch between each layer.

Anduin wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:53:53 GMT, Joe Reynolds wrote the following
> message m>:
>

>>I need a good recipe for Turkish Delight. I've got one that uses Cream De
>>Menthe, but it takes FOREVER to prepare (about 2 days). I'm hoping for one
>>which can be done in an evening. Probably doesnt exist, but if anyone knows
>>of one, let me know please!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...oogle+Searc h
> - 7,540 results.
>
> Good luck!