FoodBanter.com

-   Recipes (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes/)
-   -   Butter Sauce for steak (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes/14419-butter-sauce-steak.html)

Ron 05-10-2003 08:08 PM

Butter Sauce for steak

Looking for a good butter / garlic-butter sauce for steak. Wife always puts
cold butter on her steak and I would like to have her try something better,
keeping the butter flavor. Thanks.

GEEZER 07-10-2003 08:27 PM

Butter Sauce for steak

Garlic Butter Sauce
A rich, buttery sauce for pasta, chicken, beef, pork with herbs and garlic.
Great with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
Recipe has been scaled to make 4 servings.

1-1/3 cups butter4 cloves crushed garlic1 tablespoon dried basil 2
tablespoons and 2 teaspoons dried oregano

Directions
1 In a small saucepan melt butter,add garlic and saute until cooked. Add
dried oregano and dried basil and stir until heated through.
2 Serve warm.
Hope this
Helps-----------GEEZER

mike95910 21-06-2011 03:49 PM

ohhh man geezer i tried this out on my steak and it was great! Thanks for sharing going to add it to my collection.

mithunchowdhury 24-06-2011 05:52 AM

Hi Ron!

Try this one:

Brown Butter Sauce
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme

Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Cook until butter begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Carefully mix in vinegar and thyme.