Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

BURGEDS

Default 4B's Old Fashion Tomato Soup

>I recently had a bowl of 4B's restaurants "world famous" creamy tomato

This really is a great tasting soup. I had a niece working at 4B's in
Missoula, when she introduced it to me.

4B's Old Fashion Tomato Soup

32 oz canned diced tomatoes
9 oz can chicken broth
1 oz butter (1-2 Tbs)
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs chopped Onion (I tend to use more)
a pinch of baking soda
2 cups heavy cream (I use 1 can evaporated milk)

Mix first 6 ingredients together in a deep saucepan. Simmer 1 hour. Heat
cream before adding to soup base; add milk and stir to mix.

Serve hot.

I also take about half of the initial mixture of tomatoes and run it
through a
blender.

Enjoy ! ! !
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: