Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Watson Estate Gingerbread Waffles

Watson Estate Gingerbread Waffles

purchased from the Watson Estate in McKinney, Texas
Dated 1931. Notation on card said this was served every Sunday (with
variations) for over 30 years in Grandpa Jack.s house. I have made these
recipes with all variations (to follow) and there is not a bad one in the
bunch. My favorite my far is the Bacon Waffles. Yummy.

1/3-cup butter
1-cup molasses
1/2 cup buttermilk
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 egg
2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1-teaspoon salt

Put the butter and molasses in a pan and heat to boiling. Remove from heat
and stir in milk and soda along with a well-beaten egg. Sift the dry
ingredients and add to milk mixture. Bake in hot waffle iron for 1 minute.
Turn off power and leave in iron for 3 minutes.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives:

Gingerbread Waffles WindyCityPrince General Cooking 6 16-12-2008 02:25 PM
International Real Estate Directory -Find Real Estate, MyDirectory General Cooking 0 28-12-2006 10:04 PM
Watson Estate Gingerbread Waffles Cathy Leslie Recipes (moderated) 0 03-06-2006 04:23 PM
Obituary: Donald Watson Steve Vegan 1 21-11-2005 08:18 PM
Jimmy Watson Trophy Martin Field Wine 2 12-08-2005 06:07 AM