Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

A1 WBarfieldsr

Default Party Snacks (2) Collection

A1 Snack Mix
Kettle Korn

> From: "Gena Norman " <GenaNorman @yahoo.com>
> Subject: Cheap Party Snacks
> I need to make food for a party. There are lots of people coming
> and I have a very limited budget so I am looking for something cheap!

A1 Snack Mix

3 cups assorted dried fruit
2 cups toasted almonds
3 cups assorted salted nuts
2 cups Rice Chex
1 cup Melba toast (break in half)
2 cups Cheeze-its (small cheese flavored crackers)
1 cup small pretzel twists

Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
Store in tightly covered container.
Makes:14 cups

Kettle Korn

vegetable oil
popcorn
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
salt -- for sprinkling

In a three-quart saucepan (or "kettle") with a tight-fitting lid, pour
enough oil to cover to a depth of about one-half the size of a popcorn
kernel. Add two "test" kernels of popcorn, and turn heat to medium high.
When the test kernels pop, the oil is hot enough.
Quickly pour in enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the saucepan in an
even layer. Sprinkle the sugar over the unpopped kernels, and place the
lid on the pan. As the corn pops, shake the pan occasionally to assure
that
unpopped
kernels reach the bottom of the pan.
When the lid starts to lift off the pan and the popping slows or stops,
remove pan from heat.
Pour popped corn into a large bowl or several smaller ones.
Dust lightly with salt.

Notes: If you've never popped popcorn on the stove, you're in for a treat.
Be *sure* to watch the temperature very carefully --medium-high is
adequate; any higher, and you risk scorching the popcorn *and* your pan.
And speaking of pans, do be sure to use one with a heavy bottom.
And after the corn is finished popping, be extra careful when pouring it
out -- you may have a few clumps of melted sugar and they are *hot*.
--
William Barfieldsr

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: