Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes
International Recipes OnLine

Default Low-carb Texas-style Chili

Low-carb Texas-style Chili

submitted by randall_burns

5 fresh jalapeno peppers
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lbs ground beef round
1 lbs boneless beef check (1/2 inch cubes)
2 medium onions-chopped
3 galic gloves minced
1/2 cup chile powder
1 tsp. cumin seeds, crushed
1 quart beef broth.
2 Tbsp spoons tomato paste.
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt.
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes.

In saucepan cook jalapeno about 10 minutes until tender when pierced with knife. Cut
and remove
seeds. heat oil, in large saucepan, add met, cook over medium high stiring often.
Add onions, garlic, jalapenos. cook about 5 minutes until ownions have softened.
Add chili poweder and cumine seeds and stir 1 minute. Stir in remaining
ingredients-bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook about 45 minutes. I like
this chile with sharp chedder cheese and sour cream. It works good with beans, green
onions or rice added if you have non-low carb folks eating with you(or Jack if you
like it). I usually spice up this chile just a bit for my taste. Goes great with
good BBQ for a nice company meal.

http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/
International Recipes OnLine
On-Line Culinary Discussion at Food.Chat:
http://www.simpleinternet.com/foodchat/

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/

Texas-style Nacho Dip International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 25-11-2007 03:18 PM
Texas style ribs Tim Recipes 0 23-04-2005 12:13 PM
Texas-Style Chili Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-02-2005 12:42 PM
Texas Style Chili Old Magic1 Mexican Cooking 3 31-01-2005 03:08 PM
The origins of Texas style chili Cuchulain Libby Mexican Cooking 41 22-10-2003 02:05 PM