Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes
PlaidPooka

Default Cabbage Rolls

> From: "Rodrick Jernigan"
> Subject: Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
> I am hoping someone has a good and easy recipe for stuffed cabbage
> rolls

The following is a recipe I got from my grandmother and I found it easy
and tasty.

Cabbage Rolls

1 lg. Cabbage
1 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 lb. ground Pork
1/2 cup Rice
1 Egg
1 Onion (finely chopped)
2 Tbsp. Butter
Salt
Pepper
5 slices of Bacon

Remove core from whole head of cabbage. Scald cabbage in boiling water.
Remove a few leaves at a time as needed to prevent wilting. Cool before
using. Wash rice in cold water and stir into two quarts rapidly boiling
salted water. Boil 10 minutes and strain. Run cold water through rice in
strainer. The rice will be half cooked. Saute onion in butter until
transparent. Combine onions with meat, egg, rice and seasoning. Mix well.
Spread each leaf with meat about 1/2 inch thick. Fold the two opposite
sides and roll, staring with one of the opposite ends. Fasten with
toothpicks. Place cabbage rolls in baking dish and cover with 5 slices of
bacon and roast for 2 hours at 300 degrees F. Baste from time to time,
or - add one cup water to tomato puree and simmer slowly for 2 hours.
Watch closely and add more water, if necessary.
--
PlaidPooka

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at
.

cabbage rolls lainie General Cooking 19 06-09-2010 04:16 PM
Cabbage Rolls katreen Recipes 2 09-07-2009 04:58 PM
Cabbage Rolls Kellie Poodle Recipes (moderated) 0 16-11-2006 04:30 AM
cabbage rolls Andy General Cooking 9 17-12-2005 03:10 AM