Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes
International Recipes OnLine

Default Jack Daniel's Cedar Plank Salmon

Jack Daniel's Cedar Plank Salmon

submitted by butterflydog
from NY, US

6 pieces of filet of salmon
Marinade:
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup of favorite barbecue sauce
3/4 cup Jack Daniels
1/4 cup honey
juice from one lemon
juice from one orange
untreated cedar plank ( cut into pieces , I like them cut into 13 to
15 inch pieces )

Buy the cedar plank at a lumber store ( usually I buy one long plank and
have it cut into equal sections of either 13 to 15 inches long ) . Then,
I'll have enough for several uses. One doesn't need to use Jack Daniels,
but I love to cook with the stuff. For cedar planked salmon, one not need
marinade the fish either and may use other seasonings for planked salmon
such as coarse salt and coarse cracked pepper and Dijon mustard, slathered
on prior to grilling. Mix marinade and place salmon in zip lock bag and
marinade overnight or at least 4 to 6 hours. Soak plank covered in water
for 5 or 6 hours. When ready to use, preheat your grill to 350F or medium
high heat. Place the plank in the grill and heat each side for several
minutes. Then oil ( I use spray oil ) the plank on the top side and remove
salmon from the marinade, placing filets skin side down. Cover and grill
about 20 minutes or until fish is done . You may flip over the salmon once
if desired. The plank will smoke and if it catches fire have a spray
bottle of water on hand to extinguish any fire. My plank normally doesn't
burst into flames and is usually just charred on the bottom and so it
cannot be reused. Remove salmon from plank and serve. I like to serve the
salmon with rice pilaf or potatoes and a green vege such as roasted
asparagus or steamed broccoli Yield 6 wonderful servings .

Note: carefully remove used plank from grill and cool plank and discard
appropriately

http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/
International Recipes OnLine
On-Line Culinary Discussion at Food.Chat:
http://www.simpleinternet.com/foodchat/

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/