FoodBanter.com

-   Recipes (moderated) (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/)
-   -   Arabic Honey Cake (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/70901-arabic-honey-cake.html)

International Recipes OnLine 27-09-2005 01:04 PM

Arabic Honey Cake

Arabic Honey Cake

.... submitted by HANRE

Here is one of my favorite recipes. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as my
family does.
Hanadi
Kuwait

Arabic Honey Cake

Hanadi
Serving Size: 6
Categories: Cakes Desserts Ethnic Nuts Middle Eastern

1/3 cup butter
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup flour, all-purpose plus 1 tbl
Topping
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Butter a 10" pan. Preheat the oven to 400F.
Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until it whittens. Add the melted
butter and
mix well.
Sift the flour and BP. and add to the previous mixture, mix gently.
Pour in the prepared pan and bake 10-12 min.
Meanwhile prepare the topping.
Melt the butter on med heat. Add the rest of the ingred. and bring to a
boil
stiring constantly.
Pour the topping gently on the cake and return it to the oven for
another
15-20 min.

http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/
International Recipes OnLine
On-Line Culinary Discussion at Food.Chat:
http://www.simpleinternet.com/foodchat/

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/