Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Terry Stautzenberger

Default Death By Chocolate (2) Collection

Death by Chocolate Cake
Deadly Chocolate Cake

From: Peg Shambo >
Subject: REQ: death by chocolate
A friend and I got into a discussion about death by chocolate. I said
there are so many different recipes for this.
So, could some kind folks post some recipes that I can pass on?

Here are 2 that I have and I know there are more. Hope these help prove
your point.
Terry S.

Death by Chocolate Cake

1 package of chocolate cake mix (or a devils food mix)
1 six pack of Skor bars or heath bars, frozen
1 big tub of cool whip
2 packs of chocolate mousse (I use Jell-O's chocolate silk)

Put Skor/heath bars in freezer. Make mousse. Chill for 1 hour (or
follow the directions). Bake cake. Let cool. Make sure cool whip is
thawed. Crush Skor bars in a Ziploc bag. Then, once your ingredients are
ready, you can begin putting it together: line the bottom of a
transparent bowl with the chocolate cake. Next, line with chocolate
mousse. Next, line with cool whip. Next, line with most of the crushed
Skor bars. Then, start all over again, with the exception of just
sprinkling the Skor bars on top to make it look decorative! and
wall-la! That is your death by chocolate.

Deadly Chocolate Cake

Note: This cake is extremely chocolatey and you might want
to serve it with whipped or ice cream to cut the flavor.

1 devil's food cake mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup milk
1 can whipped vanilla frosting

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or 325 degrees for a glass or dark
metal pan. Grease a 9x 13 pan. Mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and milk
with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds on low. Increase the speed to
medium and mix for 2 minutes. Hand stir in canned frosting. Bake for 45
minutes to an hour.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Before cake is done, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in
cocoa and salt. Add powdered sugar alternately with milk. With hand
mixer, mix until spreading consistency is reached. Stir in vanilla.
Spread frosting on warm cake. Serve cool (if possible).

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: