Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

International Recipes OnLine

Default Spaetzle

Spaetzle

submitted by rcoen

1 cup flour, all-purpose
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, large, lightly beaten
1/3 cup water
salt pepper, to taste
lemon zest
melted butter

We start by heating a big pot of water. We then sift the flour into a large
bowl. We then add the salt and mix. In a small bowl, we put the water and
egg and slowly mix those into the flour with a wooden spoon. We want the
batter to be free of lumps and quite elastic. We do not have a
spaetzle-maker, so we use a colander. When the water is boiling, we add some
salt. Then we use a spoon and push some of the batter through the colander
and into the boiling water. We use about a third of the batter. We cook for
about 3-5 minutes until floating and tender. We use a slotted spoon
to remove the cooked spaetzle and place in a serving bowl with some melted
butter. We continue with another third of the batter until all the spaetzle
is cooked. We add salt and pepper to taste and finish with some lemon zest.

http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/
International Recipes OnLine
On-Line Culinary Discussion at Food.Chat:
http://www.simpleinternet.com/foodchat/

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D Hill at .
Archives:

German Spaetzle Janet Tuin Recipes (moderated) 0 29-07-2006 03:05 AM
Cheese Spaetzle Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 2 17-02-2006 04:14 AM
Cheese Spaetzle Bob (this one) General Cooking 0 16-02-2006 06:53 AM
Spaetzle Recipes (moderated) 0 03-08-2005 04:58 AM
Sauces for spaetzle? [email protected] General Cooking 6 08-12-2004 06:40 PM