Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Patricia D. Hill

Default REQUESTS from Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Nutless Fruitcake
Using Sweet'N Low
French Coconut Pie
Drunken Fruit
Romanian dishes: Mic or Mici and
Tripe and cream

~~~~~~~~~

From: Lori R >
Subject: November 15 2004 PEOPLE mag. recipe
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:36:25 EST

I am searchiing for a ginger pumpkin cheesecake with graham cracker
crust and crystallized ginger recipe that appeared in this issue of
PEOPLE magazine. If anyone has it and can post, I would greatly
appreciate it!!! Thanks.

--
Lori R

~~~~~~~~~

From: Sugarite >
Subject: Nutless Fruitcake
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:20:00 -0800

Are there any?

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Andi" >
Subject: Req: Please post or email me Sweet'N Low recipes
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:27:43 -0800

Thanks!
-Andi-

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Steve" >
Subject: Request for French Coconut Pie recipe
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:49:08 GMT

Request for French Coconut Pie recipe Thank you

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Retta" >
Subject: Drunken Fruit
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:57:28 GMT

A long time ago someone gave me a recipe for drunken fruit along with a
starter. I believe
it's also called friendship fruit. It can be used as a topping on desserts
or in cakes or other dishes. I remember that you don't put it in the frig
because that stops the process. I can't find the recipe and would like to
start a batch. Can anyone help me?

~~~~~~~~~

Subject: Romanian dishes
Date: 22 Dec 2004 07:12:07 -0800

Hi I am looking for a recipe for something called Mic or Mici (sp?)
its like a small hamberger/sausage cooked in Romania. Its very
delicious. I have Romanian friends but they all say they don't know
because their mother always makes it. lol

Also, on one of my many trips to Bucuresti I fell in love with a soup
consisting of Tripe and cream. Any ideas?

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments:

Patricia D. Hill

do not pre-boil).

Pie crust (see index)
Whole fresh pre-mie; eviscerated, head, hands and feet removed
Onions, bell pepper, celery
½ cup wine
Root vegetables of choice (turnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) cubed

Make a crust from scratch - or go shamefully to the frozen food section
of your favorite grocery and select 2 high quality pie crusts (you
will need one for the top also).
Boil the prepared delicacy until the meat starts to come off the bones.
Remove, de-bone and cube; continue to reduce the broth.
Brown the onions, peppers and celery.
Add the meat then season, continue browning.
De-glaze with sherry, add the reduced broth.
Finally, put in the root vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly.
Place the pie pan in 375 degree oven for a few minutes so bottom crust is not soggy,
reduce oven to 325.
Fill the pie with stew, place top crust and with a fork, seal the crusts together
then poke holes in top.
Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown.

Sudden Infant Death Soup

SIDS: delicious in winter, comparable to old fashioned Beef and Vegetable Soup.
Its free, you can sell the crib, baby clothes, toys, stroller... and so easy to
procure if such a lucky find is at hand (just pick him up from the crib and
he?s good to go)!

SIDS victim, cleaned
½ cup cooking oil
Carrots