FoodBanter.com

-   Recipes (moderated) (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/)
-   -   My 1st Recipe. Delicious Chocolate Fridge Biscuit Cake (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/415782-my-1st-recipe-delicious.html)

MEnoMonki 22-02-2012 09:22 PM

My 1st Recipe. Delicious Chocolate Fridge Biscuit Cake

Hi All!

I'm a newbie here so allow me to introduce myself. I'm MEnoMonki and I hope I will enjoy my stay here and share many of my recipes and learn a couple of new ones.

So let me start by sharing my 1st recipe that my mom and also my grandmother use to make: Delicious Chocolate Fridge Biscuit Cake.
Excellent comfort food, great for eating on the go, perfect for lunch boxes and exceptional for movie nights when you want something sweet.

Ingredients:
1 X egg
0.5 lb margarine (or butter)
0.5 lb icing sugar (called powdered sugar in some places)
2 X table spoons of cocoa (the chocolate powder stuff)
1 X teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 X pack of marie biscuits (or any other thin biscuit you like)

I made the instructions a bit more entertaining. As you can see in this quick little video, there is some difficulty "opening" the egg, and also wild African animals run off with half my ingredients.
Creative twist to Delicious Chocolate Fridge Biscuit Cake - YouTube
I also mention conversion from lb to kg.

When you make this cake, share your thoughts and let me know what variations to the ingredients you tried.

This weekend I'll also be making a new very tasty tart and will be sharing the recipe with you guys early next week.

Enjoy

Best Regards,
MEnoMonki

MEnoMonki 29-02-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEnoMonki (Post 1716556)

Also, you can maybe together with the biscuits, use small sweeties?

Last week I saw an interestng variation of this cake from another youtube user.
She made it slightly different, but what stood out to me was the fact that afterwards, she put a thick layer of chocolate icing over the whole thing.

goodfood 30-06-2012 10:47 AM

Sound cool and interesting...Thanks to share..