FoodBanter.com

-   Recipes (moderated) (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/)
-   -   Daniel's Cake (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/163526-daniels-cake.html)

Donna 04-11-2008 02:33 AM

Daniel's Cake

I believe the recipe you are looking for is the "Red Velvet Cake" There
are many versions of this recipe. here is one I found on the internet...

A recipe from our forum.
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Red Velvet Cake

1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 oz red food coloring
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon soda
1 tablespoons vinegar
Preparation:

Cream shortening; beat in sugar gradually. Add eggs, one at a time; beat
well after each addition. Make paste of cocoa and food coloring; add to
creamed mixture. Add salt, flour and vanilla alternately with buttermilk,
beating well after each addition. Sprinkle soda over vinegar; pour vinegar
over batter. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Bake in 3 8-inch pans or 2
9-inch pans for 30 minutes at 350 .

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: