Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Coconut Chews (variation)

Coconut Chews (variation)

Mix the following three ingredients and press into an ungreased, or
parchment lined 9x13" pan:

3/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Bake the above at 330-degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
While that is baking, mix together the following and pour it onto the hot
crust when it is done:

2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup shredded or flake coconut

Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 20-22 minutes at
330-degrees. Bake until med. brown, or until the middle is set up. When
done, remove from the oven and frost with the following: First, I brown
about 4-6 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan (heat and stir until
it quickly turns to a med. golden brown). To stop the heating and
darkening process, I quickly add a few tablespoons cold milk to it. Now,
add some sifted powdered sugar and stir until smooth. My mixture is
usually the consistency of prepared mustard, or a bit thinner. Quickly
pour this on top of the still warm bars and carefully spread it out. It
will harden just fine. Once the frosting is on the bars, I put the whole
pan into the refrigerator because I like to cut them ever so neatly once
they are cold. Using parchment paper on the bottom of the pan makes it
even easier to lift them out and cut them atop a table.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives:

Lemon Chews Julie Bove Diabetic 2 11-09-2006 07:42 PM
Chinese Chews Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-12-2005 02:51 PM
chinese chews Chris Baking 8 13-09-2005 06:02 PM
Chinese Chews Bunny McElwee Recipes (moderated) 0 02-09-2004 01:43 PM
Chinese Chews (2) Collection Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 08-06-2004 07:15 PM