FoodBanter.com

-   Recipes (moderated) (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/)
-   -   Angel Delights (https://www.foodbanter.com/recipes-moderated/160691-angel-delights.html)

Oh Deer 24-08-2008 03:51 AM

Angel Delights

4th Annual EatingWell Holiday Cookie Contest
Readers' Choice Sweepstakes - 2008 - Finalists

Angel Delights

This recipe named Angel Delights was a recipe I made for my children when
they were Little Angels. The recipe is so easy. It was perfect for me to
make when I was such a busy mother of six children.

Submitted by: F.V., Hammond, IN
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies

To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups chopped dates (about 8 ounces)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups toasted rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
1 cup shredded coconut

Combine butter, sugar and dates in medium saucepan. Cook, stirring
constantly, over low heat until the butter is melted and the mixture
resembles a paste. Remove from the heat. Add salt, vanilla, cereal and
coconut; stir well to combine. When cool enough to handle, roll the
mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
Refrigerate until chilled.

Nutritional Information: Per serving: 52 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g
mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrate; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 15 mg
sodium; 39 mg potassium.

Source:
<http://www.eatingwell.com/community/kitchen_to_kitchen/angel_delights_08.html>

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: