Recipes (moderated) (rec.food.recipes) A moderated forum. The purpose of rec.food.recipes is for posting recipes and recipe requests only. It is for the *sharing* of recipes among the readers.

Posted to rec.food.recipes

Default Grilled Salmon with Green Chile Sauce

Grilled Salmon with Green Chile Sauce

This sounds heavenly!! I think this will be on our menu for date night on Friday
(remember, no kids so we get to eat GROWNUP food!!). I'll probably use my indoor
grill unless the weather is really nice. Could probably also broil this, in
fact, that's probably what I'll do (cleanup of the grill is a pain).

6 (6 oz) salmon steaks OR about 2-1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillets cut into 6
equal pieces
olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 (4.5 oz) cans chopped green chiles
2 green onions, finely chopped
3/4 cup white wine
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (whipping cream)
juice of half a lime
salt and pepper to taste

Make the Sauce:

Place the chiles and the chopped green tops of one of the onions in a
blender and purée until smooth.
In a skillet, bring the wine and finely chopped onion (white part only)
to a boil and reduce by half.
Add the cream and continue boiling until entire mixture is reduced by half.
Reduce heat and stir in the chile purée and lime juice. Keep warm until
salmon is ready to serve.

Grill the Salmon:

Brush the grill surface and the salmon with olive oil to prevent
sticking, and grill the salmon over hot coals, uncovered, no more than 5 minutes
per side, depending upon thickness. Baste both sides during grilling with
additional olive oil. Serve at once topped with a generous portion of Green Chile
Sauce.
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: